Used 2010 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Awesome Vehicle!
By Roni

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought my new 2010 Altima. I had been driving a 2005 Sentra for the last 6 years. I wanted an upgrade and more safety for my 9 year old daughter. Altima has a 5 star rating for safety, lots of standard safety features. I love the Nissan line. The Altima is just a fabulous car. It's stylish, classy, has substance and handles like a dream. I would recommend this car to anyone. If you're shopping for a classy looking, safety packed, drives like a dream car, please GO TEST DRIVE ONE TODAY!

2010 Altima Brake Failure
By Miss-taken

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought a 2010 Altima SL on 8-4-2010 and 6 weeks later it was in the shop for over a week for brake failure. Tech had no clue what was wrong. Had to call Nissan to diagnose. Turns out bad break booster in a brand new car! Everyone, including a mechanic says they wouldn't trust the car and I don't. This shouldn't have happened to a new car! Tried to trade, but the dealer I bought it from said it lost $6000.00 in equity in 3 months! Now I'm stuck paying on a car I'm terrified to drive. My bank feels horrible and approved me for a new loan, but because of the loss of equity, I can't get a new car to book and thats the requirement for the loan. Big price to pay for a driveway ornament.

Inspect the brake system thoroughly before letting it off the assembly line.

I love my Altima.
By Oreo

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

GREAT CAR! Would definitely recommend it! The seating is very comfortable in comparison to the Honda Accord and Volkswagen Jetta. The car goes really smoothly. I love it. I've had the car for one year now, and I've never had any problem with it yet.

The keyless entry system is really convenient! I'd never want to go back to have the old system.

None.

Love my Nissan
By Nissanmotorhead

2010 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This is my second Altima. My first was a 2007 2.5S. I currently have a 2010 3.5SR. Love this car from to end to end. Great car for entry level performance combined with enough space for friends and family.

CVT transmission unloads a bunch of fun.

New 3.7L V6 with more punch and a lower ride. They should def make an limited edition SE-R. The older models weren't worth buying.

The jury is still out
By tmagman1

2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I read many reviews on this website, and saw where the Altima received really good ratings. I bought the basic model a few months ago. So far I can't say I'm impressed. If you need horsepower, you better keep looking. You won't find it with this car. And with the unique transmission that seems to gear down on take off, the car seems to have even less horsepower. If you need to step on the gas, get ready for a loud roar from the engine noise. It ain't pretty. Sounds like a darned airplane about to take off. I purchased the car brand new. You know the economics of buying a new car, so I'll lose my big time if I trade.

Easy steering. Takes curves really well. A quiet ride until you decide to accelerate.

I don't know how far the Altima has progressed over the years, but I can't believe the lack of horsepower. And I can't believe folks "love" this transmission. I swear it seems like this car is on its last leg when you hit the gas. I'm not trying to win a Nascar race, but geesh the hp is awful.