Used 2010 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Wish I got the 3.5L
By Ginny

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I'd been in love with this car since a boyfriend had the 2.5SL in 2005. I convinced my next boyfriend to buy a 2008 and I loved the design in that year. So when I was looking to purchase a 2010 of course I wanted the Altima. I drove the Malibu and the Fusion and I considered the Sonata and the Accord. But my heart was set on the Altima. I ordered it FULLY LOADED but for some reason ordered the 2.5 instead of the 3.5 and I`m not happy with the lack of power on the pick up. Especially starting up a hill. It`s a nice car but I`m not as in love with it as I thought I would be. If pick up is important to you get the 3.5.

I love the moon roof and the upgraded sound package. The later ONLY because of the blue tooth. The sound on the Bose System is underwhelming

Cushier seats. Better Sound. Better pickup. Better Styling both interior and exterior.

First Nissan
By Christian

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I just leased a 2010 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL after considering the 2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2010 Ford Fusion and 2011 Subaru Legacy. I test drove the Sonata and nearly leased it, however the Nissan gave me a lot more for my money and it drove just as nicely, if not better. I elected to get the 2.5 SL model, which is a step up from the S. I got leather, moonroof, heated seats, power seat, autodimming mirror, Intelligent key, etc. The Sonata model that had these features were insanely higher priced than this trim from Nissan. I test drove the Altima and loved it. It's comfortable, smooth and somewhat sporty. I came from a 2009 Subaru Legacy, FYI. This car is much more comfortable.

Interior is very comfortable, CVT transmission is quiet and I really enjoy the Intelligent Key. The interior cup holders can be taken out and put in the dishwasher. The heated seats are going to be nice to use in Michigan winters. There is also a ton of storage in the cabin for an iPod, etc.

Nothing so far. Only have about 50 miles on the car but right now it is a huge upgrade from my Subaru.

2010 3.5SR update
By nissanboy

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great Car when Brand New! Currently have 11500 miles and now I have plenty of rattles along with road noise. Engine performs well without any problems, but it struggles to meet my performance(speed) expectations. Had previous VQ35DE engines and loved them all, but this one is not performing as I hoped. Hit the gas from a stop car takes off, give it gas @ 60 mph the car creeps to 80 mph. I noticed that this VQ does not require 93 octane maybe thats the problem. Car works fine and all of the gadgets seem to work as designed i.e. Navi, Bluetooth, HID lights, AC. I strongly suggest nissan improve the paint because it scratches and chips easily. No way did these cars go through 5000 test as advertised.

Just got an Altima
By stevengreen

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Worst car I've had. Road noise is terrible, whistle in transmission, driver's seat is worse than a park bench, low beams are ok up to 50-feet, useless further than that, high beams are not even. Dark and light spots, just a horrible car. Check this out carefully before thinking of buying one. Better yet, buy a Toyota.

good a/c.

Read review and decide what needs fixing. Do not buy this car!

Great Car!
By zekem

2010 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SR 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the 2010 3.5 SR V6 black on black fully loaded (tech pkg, sport pkg, etc) about a month ago. Totally love it. It drives great. Nissan did a great job on the exterior design touches; it looks a lot nicer than the Accord and Camry.

Navigation system, 9 speaker Bose stereo system, side blinkers, 17" rim package, proximity keys, 270 Hp engine, pretty much everything.

auto window for rear passengers, electric/auto front passenger seat.