Used 2009 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 172 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I felt it is for Older people 45+
By Sam Hourani

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

When i first bought it i was thrilled with the looks of the car especially the black (the best color on an Altima) and loved the Bluetooth system, start button and the intel. key system and so on. but thinking i got a sporty car every-time i see this car on the street i see a 45+ person driving it(with all due respect). now i reached 10,500 km and want to sell it for this reason mostly. i thought it was a sporty car but i was wrong.

intel. key system, start button, Bluetooth, Bose 6CD and sound....

stop the vibration noises in the car from the base of the stereo. and when i shut the car off, the radio shuts off also which is so annoying especially when i am listening to my favorite song.make it more sporty.

Noisy below 50 degree
By nickwu

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

It is the worst car I ever bought!. If below 50 degree, start the car and it will sound like motorcycle and no power. I have to drive it for 3-4 minutes than it quite down. Nissan says it designed like that and meet the specification. My 2004 150K mile Toyota is better than this car. Service is absolute the worst too, they told me to install a remote starter to warm the car so it would be less noisy. But Nissan USA told me it was wrong, and won't fix the noise issue, you need to drive it to make the lube "go through every places" . I lost $400 right their! They stated all Altima car like that. Battery died 4 month later. Already did three warranty services and two recalls. Last Nissan!

Looking

Design and manufacture quality

Nice Altima
By heartbreaker

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought this vehicle about 6 mos ago. Drive is smooth and has Great pick up speed! The comfort is great as well as the gas mileage. Just a great car for the price. However, there seems to be a knocking noise every time I start the car and take off--took it in and they say it is the brakes and or airbags. Hmmm is pretty loud, sounds like something is stuck. There sometimes is a noise coming from the back, not sure what it is. Over all the car is a good car. No other problems.

The exterior, acceleration

Less noises, sounds like things are loose.

My recent purchase
By pjrias

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My 2009 Altima 2.5 SL was purchased in early March of 2010. It was a Clearance purchase, and was purchased new. So far I would have to say it was my best purchase in 30 years of buying new cars. Took it on a 200 mile all Highway drive to Montauk Point on long Island and averaged 36 mpg at a average speed of 65. The ride was comfortable and quite. The Radio was excellent. And the power was more than sufficient. I'm in love with this car to say the least!

Power, gas mileage, comfort

Lumbar Support in the Drivers Seat

Very Satisfied
By TinMan

2009 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I look forward to driving my Altima because of its feel, exterior looks, instrument display, and gas mileage. I drove a Honda Prelude si for 23 years, and planned to get another Honda or try a Hyundai Azera or Camry, but checked out the Altima and really liked it. This car has acceleration power (it's a rocket). I'm not one to race, but occasionally at a light on the freeway I drive back and forth to work on someone in the lane next to me gives me that look of "Let's do it." I have not lost yet, and I'm not really mashing the pedal to the the metal.

Push button ignition, CVT, and CD/radio sound (great bass).

Brakes are sensitive, but I'm adjusting to them the more I drive. Wind is loud when on the freeway and the driver's window is down. Water drips on my head and the inside of the trunk when the trunk is opened and any rain water/car wash water is still on the car. Power front seats would be great.