Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Awesome Car for the money
By Ben

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

My fiance and I love our coupe. I feel it's the best bang for your buck at this price range. Between performance, styling, and mpg it really is a great all around car.

Push button start. Center console holds our Magellan perfectly so we don't have that conspicuous suction cup on the windshield.

I wish the power seats that come with the convenience package had memory.

Best car I've ever owned
By Jason

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love this car. I think that the best way to describe just how great this car is to tell you what my dad said. He just bought the new Lexus sports car and he says that if he could do it all over again he would have gotten the 08 Altima Coupe because it drives almost as well and looks sharper on the outside, is more comfortable, and when you factor in that it is half the price it's a no brainer.

Push button start, keyless entry and trunk, Bose/XM.

Add in seats that can be cooled as well as heated, because the black leather gets really hot in the summer.

Great Buy
By GRJD

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

3 months and 8,000 miles. I really love the car. Great sporty fun on the back roads; very long-legged and comfortable on the freeway. Originally looked at the manual, but read up on the CVT, tested it, and I love it: the powerful and smooth acceleration is hard to describe. Manual-mode is great fun too. A real head-turner. You don't see many coupes on the road, and I've had LOTS of compliments on it (mine's black). For the money, I don't know how you can beat the power, handling, and styling. For me this car is a good mix: a sporty "driver's car", but still comfortable and practical for the daily commute (especially the front-wheel drive for winter).

1) Overall power/performance. 2) Exterior styling. 3) Driver's seating comfort - the seat and steering wheel tilt/telescope give you unlimited options. 4) BlueTooth. 5) Keyless/pushbutton system. 6) Bose system/XM.

The suspension is a little more harsh than it needs to be for the everyday driver. Could use more trunk space.

The Coupe to Buy
By happyone

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima coupe in black with premium package is very sexy and pleasing to the eyes. High quality sport interior in black leather has a lot of class. The seats give plenty of support and are comfortable when in them for hours. Bose system sounds so crystal clear. Bluetooth works fantastic and sounds excellent. Moonroof is nice too. Great gas mileage and plenty of power with the CVT. Fun to drive. Great car for the money. Premium package worth every penny. I've owned over 30 cars and this is one of the nicest. I compare it to my 2003 BMW 330 convertible with sport package and I feel the Altima coupe is just as nice. Great car with all the features without being pretentious!

Looks, style, sporty leather interior, paint quality, bluetooth, sunroof, homelink, Bose system, mp3 player, keyless entry, roominess, gas mileage 33 on long highway stretches at 72+ mph, 25 city, fun to drive, classy, comfortable.

Xenon headlight option on the 2.5s. If Nissan offered the Altima coupe in a convertible, I'd be the first one to buy it.

Best of my Nissans
By Great Car

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have owned several Nissans most of them being various models of the Z car. I find this car to drive and handle better than all of them. I fell in love with this car the first time that I saw it and purchased the same day eventually driving it from Arizona to Texas. It really performed well and was very comfortable in driving cross country.

Dashboard illumination,controls on the steering wheel really caught my eye.Leg room was very good and the styling was excellent.

More variety in colors and interior. Larger tires and better fuel economy.Having automatic door locks would be a welcomed asset.