Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Afraid to drive
By prettylemon

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2008 Nissan altima 4dr 2.5S. Ive taken by car in for many reasons including regular servicing.
From the 1st month i have taken the car in for whinny noises, lack of power going up hill, engine working hard when AC is on and then some.
These complaints have been with 3 dearlerships. One day while driving, I released the gas peddle to slow and press to speed up a bit and it stops. Car starts fine the problem is intermittent. problem did not show up in the diagnostic test. transmission problem was found the the day the shop was returning the car to me the first time. This time i am afraid to drive it. (what if it stops in an intersection)

Safety equipment, 32 mpg, comfortable and roomy interior, stylish exterior

recall all 2008 altima 2.5S with transmission problems and replace them with new cars or give money back. Customer satisfaction comes with the mind set of doing the job right the first time and customer comes first.

Poor shock absorbers
By Gino

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We live in a condo complex that has 5 speed bumps. The car scrapes bottom when carrying 4 passengers or if the trunk is full of personal items. Also have had problems with tire wear and more noticeable after having rotated the tires.

Love the Bose sound system, quiet ride and its quick response.

Increase the strength of the shocks or suspension system.

Drive train awful
By Teal

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2 sets of bearings, one tranny failure (so far), constant brake noise. Probably the least reliable vehicle I have ever owned at the age of 63 and I owned some junkers as a kid. Get the car back tomorrow after another 4 days at the dealer service. Trading it this weekend on non-Nissan product.

Dump the tranny for conventional gearing type. Improve the bearings and brakes.

Transmission needs to know me?
By kmp

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Has anyone heard this one? I bought my altima coupe new & it rode well for about a year--no probs. Now the transmission vibrates at 25-40 mph, & getting worse. The dealer tells me the transmission needs to adjust to my style of driving-that they may need to reset it to the factory setting and let it "learn my style of driving."this sounds like bs to me! Also, the car keeps telling me I have no key, & the car won't start w/the push button. I've gone through umpteen batteries in the last few months. I can put in a new battery today, & tomorrow the car will tell me my key has no battery. Very frustrating! The dealer tells me they are "going back & forth w/Nissan" & will let me know.

Get rid of the stupid push button ignition. Respond to customers' complaints in a reasonable amount of time. Act like you care.

Ready to trade.
By KP

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought brand new in June of 2008. I have 35,000 miles within 2 ½ years. Gets great gas mileage, very sporty and I really do like the push button start. But I have had problems that in my mind outweigh the good things. Had to have the radio replaced. That took 4 trips to the dealer before Nissan would finally replace it. Had the trunk latch replaced. Now I’m dealing with the radio display again and they won’t do anything and my warranty is up in 999 miles. Windows roll down if you hold the unlock button on the key. I didn’t know that till it happened the other night with the key in my pocket. Then the lights were on and I couldn’t get them shut off. So now I have to take it back in.

Sporty Good Gas Mileage Push button start

Nissan should really think about the customer. Shouldn't take four trips to the dealer to get something fixed. Just fixed the problem that happened on the car you built.