Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

CVT Transmission is JUNK !
By catt66

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am driving a 2008 Altima 2.5L SL model.
I have to say that it is fuel efficient and comfortable to drive.
The problem I am having is that I currently have 128,000km on the vehicle and am going on my 2nd replacement transmission.
My first was replaced at 60,000km after I noticed a whining noice when the engine was placed under load above 3000 rpm.
I just turned 128,000 km recently and noticed the same noice again, they have ordered another to be replaced.
I am very disappointed in the reliability here, Nissan sent a letter saying my transmission was covered under warranty up to 200,000km and at the rate mine are dropping off that won't get me through the lease, may be my last Nissan!

I did 130 mph in this car and could have done more
By greogory

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is awesome

I like my car more than a beemer I had
By greogory

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Must get a 3.5 to fully enjoy this car but the styling alone will make you like it. Cool and well done inside and out. When I see Infiniti G
I think the Altima coupe is nicer looking.

v6 engine, nice interior design, very cool exterior

The car has no faults that I can think of accept reduced visibility due to design but it is a coupe.

Been a great lease, deciding to purchase it or not
By tmac4718

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Brand new lease on 08/13/2008, now has 36k miles. Have enjoyed the car so much I'm trying to decide whether to just buy it. If it was awd it would be a no brainer. Even with brand new Toyo all seasons this year it still stinks in the winter. Car is too light and can't keep the front tires from slipping entirely too much in the winter, drove my 4wd instead. Brakes have squealed the whole time, dealer says normal. And an odd loud ping upon startup when putting in reverse. Dealer can never reproduce the ping. Other than that great car. Other peoples tranny issues concern me but still has warranty

Bose stereo, pushbutton start, I like the CVT for highway driving, gas mileage keeps getting better and better, seating position, steering wheel positions, seats(driver better than passenger), trunk space is huge, car is quiet, smooth, no road noise. Bluetooth and phone is better than my wifes MDX. 20 gallon gas tank is sweet!

Brake squeal, beef up the steering feel(way to light), make the car a little bit heavier for freeway speeds and snow covered roads, make the brake and gas pedals not so sensitive. Passenger seat same as drivers.

would'nt buy another
By patr1

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Leased a 2008 that will be returned in Sept, 2001. Car has 28K miles. Engine sounds like my lawnmower. Brakes sound like metal on metal. The dealer says thats normal?? Would never have another. Pushbutton start stinks, but my wife likes it. Parked the car one day turned it off, I thought. Then came out 3 hours later to find the car still running. Note: be VERY careful if you buy a car with pushbutton start and have an attched garage. People have died from carbon Monoxide poisioning because they thought the car was turned off before retiring to sleep.