Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 391 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Class with economy
By Polverizer

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima coupe has the best-looking backend of any car out there at any price. Look at it from the rear and a little to the side and its a joy to behold. The 4 cylinders get you up to speed without even trying. Back seat has more headroom (slightly) than the Scion tC and Civic coupe -- but a 6-footer's head might touch the rear window. Not sure about mileage. I'm still on the first tank, but it seems fairly decent. Front seats are very comfortable, with good driver's lumbar support. Driver's leg compartment is more comfortable than Civic coupe, where the parking hand brake bothered my knee, and more spacious than the Mazda 3 sedan that crowded my lower leg. A lot of quality for the money.

The beautifully tapered trunk and overall exterior styling, driver's seat, powerful smooth 4-cylinder Nissan engine. Fit and finish is superb.

I don't quite understand the allure of the push button starter as opposed to a key, but it works fine. Wish the front end had a more attractive design. Golf clubs fit in the trunk easily if you put the top of the bag with the clubheads in first and then the bottom of the bag. A bit more trunk space.

Disappointed
By Jason

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle is noisy and the ride is rough. I have been back to the dealership and they told me that tire complaints are common. Nissan is using sub-standard tires trying to keep costs down!

Maybe the looks.

Pay some attention to the suspension and ride harshness.

Awesome!
By jerry

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is the best car I have ever owned! The styling is great. The fuel economy is superb. I love everything about this vehicle. Basically this vehicle out performs camry, accord, and any other sedan in it's class by a long shot. If you are considering a Altima, quit thinking and go get you the best sedan ever built!

CVT is awesome, so smooth you forget how fast you are going!! Bluetooth is great, I talk on the phone a lot. 5 star safety ratings all across the boards is nice! Everything!

I honestly can not think of anything I would suggest to be changed.

Fun Car to Drive.
By Michael

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Although I do have some cons but overall experience has been great. My cons are the option package by Nissan, poorly put together. When changing lanes I do experience some blind spots. At last the interior design could be a bit better. Other then those, I would recommend this car to anyone.

The V6 engine and the 6speed M transmission are my favorite features.

Better optional package. Interior design could use some improvements.

Great First Automatic Car!
By SunnyInSanDiego

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is awesome! It is my first automatic, my first 4 door sedan and my first Nissan. I got it loaded - 3.5 SE V6 + Prem package and nav/XM. IS 250 had too small of a backseat, the 328i was out of my price range and I'm just not a Mercedes girl. I love to drive around with the windows down, the sunroof open and the Bose speakers blaring. Perfect for those sunny San Diego days. The CVT engine is great but takes a little time to get used to if you are a manual transmission girl at heart like me. Overall a great ride! Previously owned a Ford and 2 Mitsus. What a difference! My friend has a 2008 G35 and this is basically the same car. All the same features and $10k less. Sold!

The 3.5 SE comes with sport tuned suspension and 17" wheels, add on Prem and Tech and you've got everything! Push button start, keyless entry, leather, back-up camera, sunroof, iPod aux, dark slate color, nav, XM, smooth ride, powerful V6 (ready on a dime), decent gas mileage for a hefty engine!

The iPod interface needs to be completely integrated like on the Infiniti G35. Right now you have to control the iPod from the iPod and are unable to via the radio / nav system. Everything else is perfect.