Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Couldn't Be Happier
By Bill

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2.5 SL CVT, with the connection package. I have never written a review for anything before but after all the helpful advise I read here before I purchased, I had to return the favor. I cannot be happier with this car. Have owned 1 yr, right at 17K miles, still just as excited about it as when I drove it off the lot. Looked at Camry and Accord, never even thought about this and then decided to check it out and something just stuck with me. Excellent performance for a 4 cylinder. Never been starved for power. Avg 27-29 mpg per tank with mixed hgwy and city, and I don't hold back on the peddle. Smoothest transmission I ever felt. Love all the extras too. Great car for the money.

Never been much of a stereo person but the Bose system rocks. Don't know how I ever lived without Bluetooth and keyless feature before, I will never be able to go back to living without. Good gas mileage, If only highway you can average 32-35, I just sit in a lot of traffic. CVT is a wonderful thing

Backseat is a bit smaller than I hoped. Options packages are frustrating and cost a fortune. Still an excellent car for the money, without a doubt.

From SUV to Car - LOVING IT!
By AltimaOwner08

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in my SUV for a small car after gas started to rapidly rise...wasn't convinced I'd love the new car, but did it anyway to save money. Best thing I have done in a long time! My Altima is much more spacious than it looks and gets awesome gas mileage. I average 34 MPG on my daily commute. I have recommended to many of my friends and family who are complaining of the gas prices.

Sleek outside styling & great gas mileage.

Interior is pretty basic, but can't complain too much for the price.

Perfection in a car!
By Perfection

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is so perfect. It's beautiful, fast and not everyone drives one! The only thing I was unhappy about is no spoiler and no vent visors. The coupe is amazing and everything I could ask for in a car. The system is great too!

Push start, Intelligent Key, Bose system, leather interior (very classy!), rearview dimming mirror, sunroof (very nice!), steering wheel with all the fun buttons, my lights... everything

SPOILER! It is a coupe, I want a spoiler.

Class with economy
By Polverizer

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima coupe has the best-looking backend of any car out there at any price. Look at it from the rear and a little to the side and its a joy to behold. The 4 cylinders get you up to speed without even trying. Back seat has more headroom (slightly) than the Scion tC and Civic coupe -- but a 6-footer's head might touch the rear window. Not sure about mileage. I'm still on the first tank, but it seems fairly decent. Front seats are very comfortable, with good driver's lumbar support. Driver's leg compartment is more comfortable than Civic coupe, where the parking hand brake bothered my knee, and more spacious than the Mazda 3 sedan that crowded my lower leg. A lot of quality for the money.

The beautifully tapered trunk and overall exterior styling, driver's seat, powerful smooth 4-cylinder Nissan engine. Fit and finish is superb.

I don't quite understand the allure of the push button starter as opposed to a key, but it works fine. Wish the front end had a more attractive design. Golf clubs fit in the trunk easily if you put the top of the bag with the clubheads in first and then the bottom of the bag. A bit more trunk space.

Disappointed
By Jason

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The vehicle is noisy and the ride is rough. I have been back to the dealership and they told me that tire complaints are common. Nissan is using sub-standard tires trying to keep costs down!

Maybe the looks.

Pay some attention to the suspension and ride harshness.