Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Fun economy car
By chris

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I've had my altima for a few months now. It's comfortable and powerful. Averaging 28 mpg (30% city/70% highway) which is what I expected. The transmission is excellent though it takes a bit getting used to. The seats are comfortable and I can fit my 3 kids in the back (3 car seats). I compared it to other similar models and found it was more fun to drive than your camry, accord, fusion, sonata, etc. Between that, the looks, fuel economy and price, I found it was the perfect combination for my tastes.

Looks. CVT. Comfort and fun-to-drive quotient.

MP3 capable cd-player included on all models. Get another oem tire (the Continentals aren't very good for both noise and capabilities). Use trunk struts, not hinges. Add a little more resistance to the steering, it's almost too easy to turn at times (in the eye of the beholder of course).

Sweet
By Joseph

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for my wife, who fell in love with it as soon as she saw it. Love the leather interior and looks. It also fits in our garage. my wife takes very good care of it (she doesn't want anyone else to drive it).

LOOKS, LOOKS, LOOKS and oh yeah gas mileage !!

Overall great experience.
By ckeegan

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had about 10 weeks and 3,623 miles in my fully loaded 3.5SE. Overall, let me just say that I love my Altima. After A LOT of research (spreadsheets comparing mpg, leg room, head room, insurance costs, etc), I know I made the right decision. The 3.5 receives outstanding marks by Ward’s Best Engines. Performance is exceptional, and the CVT took getting used to, but now I have trouble going back to a normal auto. The Altima is comfortable, and has great front leg room, and rear leg room exceeds my ’03 Accord, the BMW 5-series, and MB E-Class. I have averaged 21.8mpg city, and 29.4mpg hwy on a 1,152 mile trip (I don't drive slow). This means more room, mpg, and power than the E350 or 528i.

The CVT is awesome. The nav system is intuitive, and NavTraffic has saved me twice. Interior materials are of high quality, and dials/buttons feel great. Intelligent key is great, and no less secure than the "old way". Oddly large glove compartment (6.5"Hx11.5"Wx16.5"D = my 17.1" Dell laptop fits)!

XM sounds slightly more "tin can" than FM or CD (not too bad though), and there is slight vibration/rattle from the headliner during heavier bass (according to several owners, this is an easy fix at the service dept). Primarily no complaints though. Gave reliability an 8 since only time will tell.

Very happy
By Ryan

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

You won't go wrong with this car! I drove all other major competitors and this one beat them (in price and creature comforts) hands down. I was skeptical of the CVT at first, but I absolutely love it now. I am a big guy and fit in this car very comfortably. Go Nissan!!

CVT, push button start, keyless entry, fuel economy.

The key fob's keys aren't set into the fob, so I tend to push them when I am driving. BETTER TIRES!!! Please!

Hmm
By snowfish

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Well I have had the car for about 2 months now. There are a lot of things I like and some I don't. I traded in a fullsize truck for this car, so getting used to the smallness off the interior, and the low ground clearance has been tough. Also the lack of comfort and the road noise. I live in Alaska so some of the roads aren't smooth. I do however like the gas mileage. I am getting a little more than 550 mi. On a tank. That's mixed. The interior fabric is cheap ultra suede. Cannot be cleaned! I don't like the cheap plastic interior. For the price it should be much nicer. Am not totally happy with the car and find myself wishing for something else.

Gas mileage