Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 391 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

So Smooth!
By Grace

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in an '02 Honda for this car and am so glad I did. I can't believe all the features that this car offers for just over $20k. I dislike the way Nissan lumps their options but the S model has everything I wanted without going overboard. I'm sure I will get a speeding ticket and this car has some power to only have 4cly. I have to keep the cruise set otherwise I find myself going 80 and don't even realize it. I researched the new Camry, Accord, and Malibu and this won hands down in my book. From safety to features, to the ride. It a family sedan with a sleek look that is so sexy! And you have to admit the push button start is so much fun.

Push button start, keyless door and trunk entry, adjustable steering wheel, lighted dash panel, huge glove box, tons of cup holders, 3 sets of car seat hooks, 60/40 split seat

Audio controls on the steering wheel for S models and fold in side-view mirrors

You may want to look elsewhere
By MCITV08

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, the new 2008 Altima is much larger, more stylish and much "different" car. The Altima's CVT is something to get very used to; not hearing the shifts or feeling when the car is shifting makes the car feel like it's constantly whining. However having that constant thrust of flowing power is also a positive. Personally, Nissan never lived up to the expectation of Toyota or Honda, but this Nissan (especially the coupe) may have Honda buyers look at Nissan. However, take one ride in a new 2008 Honda Accord, and you won't ever look back at Nissan.

CVT, hate it and love it. Great stereo system. Very comfortable seating positions.

Performance is very plain. Steering is too light to the point where you don't know what the car is doing. Interior fit and finish is typical Nissan where everything is covered in cheap plastics.

Great Buy
By GRJD

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

3 months and 8,000 miles. I really love the car. Great sporty fun on the back roads; very long-legged and comfortable on the freeway. Originally looked at the manual, but read up on the CVT, tested it, and I love it: the powerful and smooth acceleration is hard to describe. Manual-mode is great fun too. A real head-turner. You don't see many coupes on the road, and I've had LOTS of compliments on it (mine's black). For the money, I don't know how you can beat the power, handling, and styling. For me this car is a good mix: a sporty "driver's car", but still comfortable and practical for the daily commute (especially the front-wheel drive for winter).

1) Overall power/performance. 2) Exterior styling. 3) Driver's seating comfort - the seat and steering wheel tilt/telescope give you unlimited options. 4) BlueTooth. 5) Keyless/pushbutton system. 6) Bose system/XM.

The suspension is a little more harsh than it needs to be for the everyday driver. Could use more trunk space.

About what we Expected
By cb

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the 2.5S Altima in June. Two months and two thousand miles later I can report fuel mileage at 27 in mixed driving. The car says 29, but fill and calculate gives 2 mpg less every time. At least it is consistent. We have not had any major problems yet, but the trunk hinge spring now rattles and we can see that some of the paint job is not as good as we might have hoped. We are satisfied with the purchase and the car does come with features that should be standard everywhere like the keyless ignition.

Keyless ignition, CVT

Better OEM tires, better quality control.

The Coupe to Buy
By happyone

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima coupe in black with premium package is very sexy and pleasing to the eyes. High quality sport interior in black leather has a lot of class. The seats give plenty of support and are comfortable when in them for hours. Bose system sounds so crystal clear. Bluetooth works fantastic and sounds excellent. Moonroof is nice too. Great gas mileage and plenty of power with the CVT. Fun to drive. Great car for the money. Premium package worth every penny. I've owned over 30 cars and this is one of the nicest. I compare it to my 2003 BMW 330 convertible with sport package and I feel the Altima coupe is just as nice. Great car with all the features without being pretentious!

Looks, style, sporty leather interior, paint quality, bluetooth, sunroof, homelink, Bose system, mp3 player, keyless entry, roominess, gas mileage 33 on long highway stretches at 72+ mph, 25 city, fun to drive, classy, comfortable.

Xenon headlight option on the 2.5s. If Nissan offered the Altima coupe in a convertible, I'd be the first one to buy it.