Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I did 130 mph in this car and could have done more
By greogory

This car is awesome

I like my car more than a beemer I had
By greogory

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Must get a 3.5 to fully enjoy this car but the styling alone will make you like it. Cool and well done inside and out. When I see Infiniti G
I think the Altima coupe is nicer looking.

v6 engine, nice interior design, very cool exterior

The car has no faults that I can think of accept reduced visibility due to design but it is a coupe.

Transmission needs to know me?
By kmp

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Has anyone heard this one? I bought my altima coupe new & it rode well for about a year--no probs. Now the transmission vibrates at 25-40 mph, & getting worse. The dealer tells me the transmission needs to adjust to my style of driving-that they may need to reset it to the factory setting and let it "learn my style of driving."this sounds like bs to me! Also, the car keeps telling me I have no key, & the car won't start w/the push button. I've gone through umpteen batteries in the last few months. I can put in a new battery today, & tomorrow the car will tell me my key has no battery. Very frustrating! The dealer tells me they are "going back & forth w/Nissan" & will let me know.

Get rid of the stupid push button ignition. Respond to customers' complaints in a reasonable amount of time. Act like you care.

Love My Car
By Noah

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had my mid-life crisis a bit early and opted to trade-in my Saturn VUE for something more sporty. I saw a few of the Altima Coupes on the road and decided I needed to drive one. 53,000 miles later, it's still a great car to drive. I wanted all black, V6, fully loaded and after waiting patiently a few days, my dealer was able to get one. The look of the vehicle is great. Sometimes I think there is a bit too much hesitation when I go from reverse to drive. However, overall, it is just a great car with great acceleration and handling and very good gas mileage. While not the ideal family vehicle, I can fit all 3 kiddos in the backseat.

Push button start, NAV system, exterior styling, Horsepower, handling.

Place to sit my iPod/phone besides cup holder.

Fun to Drive
By Dawn

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a fun car to drive. It gets great gas mileage. I love the 20 gallon gas tank (that was a seller for me!). You can go forever on a tank of gas. I miss the room of an SUV (which I drove for years) but I was tired of the gas prices and poor gas mileage of the larger vehicle.

Push button start, gas mileage, overall look of the car

I only have two complaints. The road noise is horrible. When I talk on my cell phone, the person on the other end always wonders what all the loud noise is. My other complaint is the radio reception. The antenna is built inside the rear window and reception is just adequate.