Used 2008 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 389 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Manual transmission issue
By richard keyser

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I find the interior to be rather cheap for a car of that price range. The dash looks cheap and the ride is not particularly smooth. I had a 15 year old Saab prior to this Nissan and it had less road noise and drove smoother than my new Nissan. Also every time I try to shift into second gear the manual transmission gives me trouble. Almost have to force it into second gear. Very disappointed in my purchase. Dealership not very helpful in fixing the problem. First and only Nissan I will ever own.

Body style.

interior looks like a ford escort, cheap materials inside, driving comfort not particularly great for a car of that level/ price range.

Great Car!
By bogeyboy

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I am a Honda person so I was a little nervous about buying my first Nissan. I have owned the vehicle for over a year and have been extremely happy with everything from the performance to the look and feel of this car. No problems as of yet (27,000 miles and going strong) and looking forward to many years of owning this vehicle.

Style, MPG!!, CVT, and keyless entry

Very disappointed with Nissan's attempt at providing customers with option packages that they want...

Disappointed
By Jim Campbell

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

While I am very impressed w/ the quality of construction, I remain disappointed w/ the performance of the vehicle. The best mpg I have achieved is 30 mpg when I first bought the car, but this has decreased to around 25 mpg, even on highway driving. The most disturbing aspect of driving my Altima though is the jerky performance of the engine/variable speed transmission. In suburban driving the engine stumbles along until the speed of 40 mph is reached. I can only describe its performance as rough, depending on the rpm modulated by the transmission. When descending hills the transmissions gears down, rather than coast for increased fuel efficiency. My last purchase of a cvt.

Body and interior quality. The paint was almost perfect, but a small flaw needed attention by the dealer.

The side mirrors do not break away as I thought they should.

Still Lovin' It! Whoosh on!
By Raven

2008 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought the 3.5 SE 10 weeks ago -- still a great ride! Do see the tire light when it gets cold but that seems to resolve when weather warms up again. Otherwise, no problems yet. Recommend you spring for the compass mirror with integrated garage opener -- available as an add-on from dealer.

Love it so much we are considering buying a 2.5 SE "on sale" for a second car -- one we'd trust the kids to drive -- same great steering and maneuverability but fewer horses! (It's VERY RESPONSIVE -- you have PAY attention or one deft(daft) move and you'll be off the road.)

Would love if backup camera were offered as a separate add-on because short drivers have trouble seeing out rear window: surprise, that IS the mailbox!

Love This Car
By romegirl

2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my second Altima. I had an 1998 and it was a great car. I love my new 2008 Altima. Beautiful styling and handles great. Very good gas mileage and comfortable since I commute 120 miles round-trip. Highly recommend. I finally got the color of car that I wanted (Sonoma Sunset - Ruby Red), heated leather seats, and sunroof!

Exterior and interior styling. CVT. Gas mileage. Heated leather seats