Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 264 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Disappointed
By Sunny

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I needed a commuter car. The Altima looks good and feels solid, but there a little things about the car that just bug the heck out of me. For anyone that drives a lot, rent this car first and drive it. Do your homework. If I could only do it all over again I would not have bought this car.

Body style.

Driver's visor... no matter where it is the sun is still in your eyes. The brake pedal is too high & gas peddle is too low. The brakes are really bad! I wished I could do it all over again.

Solid, Reliable Choice
By Robert Schoell

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a very solid, reliable choice, and excellent value for money. I've enjoyed one year of problem-free, comfortable driving. The leather package is well worth getting, as it comes with a lot of impressive standard features (e.g. auto-dim mirrors, power seats). This is a great multi-functional car.

Roomy, spacious interior, strong acceleration, good A/C and heating, and excellent fuel economy are all big plus points with this car. It's distinctive optics are also a plus with this vehicle.

1) Range function on the trip computer could be made more accurate. 2) Internal trunk release button should be marked.

Awesome Car
By Anil

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been using this car since 3 months. It's really an awesome car and it's a good compromise between cost, quality and reliability. Test drove Accord and Camry. Finally chose Altima as I liked the design and CVT. I am proud I made good choice and I love to drive this car. Especially you don't feel any speed impacts though the vehicle runs at 80 - 90 MPH. I'm sure Nissan engines are pretty famous for reliability. It's overall a good reliable car for a reasonable price.

CVT, speed, indicators for everything, Bose audio system, push button start.

a) An MP3 playback should have been added in base model as MP3 is quite common now. b) Engine noise is more when static though I don't observe much while driving.

Smart Alternative for many Highline Cars
By I KNOW CARS

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The Altima's delicate feel and tight suspension makes for a sporty comfortable ride. There is no doubt in my mind Nissan makes the best performing engines. For the amount of money you spend, I would put the Altima against anything in its price range. You can tell that Nissan spends more money on research and development than any other car manufacturer. I put twenty thousand miles in the first year and my Altima still looks and performs as good as the first day I had it. I've had no rattles, no nickel and dime problems like Ive seen in other cars and at sixty five miles an hour with nitrogen filled tires I feel like Im flying in air.

Push button ignition, intelligent key, and curtain airbags as standard equipment is great.

Lets make a 300hp Altima!

Beats the competitors hands down!
By 2w05thletes

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I researched the mid-size sedan market for months. The Accord, Camry, Fusion, Mazda 6, and Sonata. The Altima is a cut above the rest. The exterior design is beautiful, and the interior is sharp and crisp. I have 2 little boys both in car seats and they fit perfectly in the back seat without feeling cramped. Fuel economy is as advertised if not a tad better. I'm averaging 31MPG, mostly HWY but some city. I LOVE the CVT. Nissan did an incredible job with it. It's smooth and the manual option is a fun bonus when I feel like it. The ride is smooth and surprisingly quiet. Trunk is HUGE, only complaint there being the hinges. Plenty of cupholders including an adjustable one. 5 Stars!

Design. CVT. Fuel economy. Interior space and comfort. Trunk size. Factory stereo system. Pretty close to the whole car.

Trunk hinges could be more space effective. Paint is easier to chip and scratch than I would like. Would love to see Bluetooth in it. Nissan option packages are frustrating as far as pricing goes.