Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 258 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Buyer beware
By fmosoy

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased this car after considering Acura TL among the usual suspects in the same price range. I wish I had sprung for the extra 5000 dollars, as it seems like a bargain after five months of ownership. Nissan's interior quality is shameful to be generous.This car has more rattles than Mazda I traded in. Panel gaps and sagging interior pieces are too numerous to mention. It is very fast and reasonable handling/ride and provides good 24.5 miles per gallon. Nissan has now gone on my never will buy again list.

bluetooth wireless hands free should be standard on all cars

Fix the interior it is cheap feeling which I knew about but also poorly put together

Altima 3.5SE is awesome!
By nhmtnbkr

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I've had my 3.5SE for a little more than a year (nearly 20K miles) and I have to say that I love this car!! I tested the Camry SE and the Accord EX and this car blew both away. It's wonderfully powerful and quiet, gives a comfortable, tuned and composed ride for a sport trim vehicle. Handling is fantastic, very well balanced and easy to control. Mileage with a Yakima rack is OK at 23 mpg in mixed driving. Definitely recommend the use of at least mid grade gas, as regular sucks about 3-4mpg from the mileage. Legroom for a 6'3" guy like me is good, much better than Camry and Accord. Braking is OK, could be a little bit better.

Looks, power, handling, ride, overall space, legroom, fit & finish, build quality.

Put good quality OEM tires - the Bridgestone Turanzas are AWFUL!! Worn out by 19K miles and B-stone won't honor the warranty, nor will Nissan do anything (I'm filing an FTC complaint over this). Integrated iPod control.

So Smooth!
By Grace

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in an '02 Honda for this car and am so glad I did. I can't believe all the features that this car offers for just over $20k. I dislike the way Nissan lumps their options but the S model has everything I wanted without going overboard. I'm sure I will get a speeding ticket and this car has some power to only have 4cly. I have to keep the cruise set otherwise I find myself going 80 and don't even realize it. I researched the new Camry, Accord, and Malibu and this won hands down in my book. From safety to features, to the ride. It a family sedan with a sleek look that is so sexy! And you have to admit the push button start is so much fun.

Push button start, keyless door and trunk entry, adjustable steering wheel, lighted dash panel, huge glove box, tons of cup holders, 3 sets of car seat hooks, 60/40 split seat

Audio controls on the steering wheel for S models and fold in side-view mirrors

You may want to look elsewhere
By MCITV08

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, the new 2008 Altima is much larger, more stylish and much "different" car. The Altima's CVT is something to get very used to; not hearing the shifts or feeling when the car is shifting makes the car feel like it's constantly whining. However having that constant thrust of flowing power is also a positive. Personally, Nissan never lived up to the expectation of Toyota or Honda, but this Nissan (especially the coupe) may have Honda buyers look at Nissan. However, take one ride in a new 2008 Honda Accord, and you won't ever look back at Nissan.

CVT, hate it and love it. Great stereo system. Very comfortable seating positions.

Performance is very plain. Steering is too light to the point where you don't know what the car is doing. Interior fit and finish is typical Nissan where everything is covered in cheap plastics.

About what we Expected
By cb

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the 2.5S Altima in June. Two months and two thousand miles later I can report fuel mileage at 27 in mixed driving. The car says 29, but fill and calculate gives 2 mpg less every time. At least it is consistent. We have not had any major problems yet, but the trunk hinge spring now rattles and we can see that some of the paint job is not as good as we might have hoped. We are satisfied with the purchase and the car does come with features that should be standard everywhere like the keyless ignition.

Keyless ignition, CVT

Better OEM tires, better quality control.