Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

What a surprise!
By Vanessa

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I had to buy a new car due to a bad accident in my Honda so I test drove many cars and the Altima came out on top! It drives so well, has nice standard features and is very roomy and comfortable. I had no idea how great this car really was! I am very happy with my purchase!

The on screen displays of how many MPG I'm getting, how many miles to empty and alerts. Excellent sounding speakers and plenty of room! Oh and I can't forget to mention the push start and keyless door access without using a remote.

Sunroof would be nice, move the front cup holders to a more convenient location.

Re-think_problems
By Re-think_Problems

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car about 5 months a go. I was enjoying this car for first 2 months. It was fun to drive until I had to take it in for driver side seat movement. The driver seat moves left to right when you do any type of turns. It even moves when you move it by hand. Dealers last note on their service paper "Fixed the broken bushing, seat still moves." I have called their customer support number. They keep telling me that they are working on this problem. No resolution. Finally, I got hold of Lemon Law ATTORNEY and filled a LAW SUIT with Nissan. I will NEVER BUY NISSAN AGAIN.

Push button ignition

MP3 cd compatible should be standard on all models.

Disappointed
By Sunny

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I needed a commuter car. The Altima looks good and feels solid, but there a little things about the car that just bug the heck out of me. For anyone that drives a lot, rent this car first and drive it. Do your homework. If I could only do it all over again I would not have bought this car.

Body style.

Driver's visor... no matter where it is the sun is still in your eyes. The brake pedal is too high & gas peddle is too low. The brakes are really bad! I wished I could do it all over again.

Solid, Reliable Choice
By Robert Schoell

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is a very solid, reliable choice, and excellent value for money. I've enjoyed one year of problem-free, comfortable driving. The leather package is well worth getting, as it comes with a lot of impressive standard features (e.g. auto-dim mirrors, power seats). This is a great multi-functional car.

Roomy, spacious interior, strong acceleration, good A/C and heating, and excellent fuel economy are all big plus points with this car. It's distinctive optics are also a plus with this vehicle.

1) Range function on the trip computer could be made more accurate. 2) Internal trunk release button should be marked.

Awesome Car
By Anil

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I have been using this car since 3 months. It's really an awesome car and it's a good compromise between cost, quality and reliability. Test drove Accord and Camry. Finally chose Altima as I liked the design and CVT. I am proud I made good choice and I love to drive this car. Especially you don't feel any speed impacts though the vehicle runs at 80 - 90 MPH. I'm sure Nissan engines are pretty famous for reliability. It's overall a good reliable car for a reasonable price.

CVT, speed, indicators for everything, Bose audio system, push button start.

a) An MP3 playback should have been added in base model as MP3 is quite common now. b) Engine noise is more when static though I don't observe much while driving.