Used 2008 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Nice little car
By RCarroll

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car because I was getting killed at the pump by my Nissan Titan. I love being able to drive by the gas stations instead of stopping to fill up. the car looks great, runs great, and am getting over 28 mpg. I plan to have this car in my stable till it craps out, which by the quality of it; I may crap out first. Its one peppy 4 banger!!

It's gotta be the key; just walk-up, push a button on the door; get in; push another button to fire it up, and never take the keys out of your pocket. I know other cars have this; but I don't have those cars.

Shape of the front side windows; if you roll the windows down with any kind of condensation on the windows; your getting wet.

Love This Car!
By K Lewis

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This car is fun to drive. After switching out the Continental tires for Bridgestone tires, it handles better, and the ride is out of this world! Specs are awesome! Suggested for any young professional who has to travel 20+ min to work, great ride.

Push button ignition, intelligent key, sunroof, spoiler, emergency road package.

Get rid of the continental tires on most models, upgrade backseat space

Best Mid Size 4 cyl Car out there!!
By Ed from Orlando

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

This is my third Nissan (95 Altima and 06 350Z). I have owned three Accords (86, 93 & 03). The 2008 Altima is by far the most practical, good looking and balanced car I have ever bought! We looked at the Camry, Accord and the Altima. I went back and forth about three time between Accord & Altima. Altima was selected due to the outside styling, performance, gas mileage, Intelligent Key, simple Interior & Timing chain = less maint cost.

Exterior style, push button start, Nissan's reliability, excellent full power steering, 100k tune up, performance in the 4 cyl engine, safety features and the list goes on.

Make traction control standard on all models

Disappointed
By CJ

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Since purchasing this vehicle in August, I have had it at the dealership 3 times for the same problem. Which I am told the vibration and shaking I feel when taking off and at low speeds is normal. I was told that the shaking and vibration is coming from the engine. What a total disappointment.

Moon roof.

Make the engine so it does not shake and vibrate.

Best in class in my opinion.
By Dmitry

2008 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought it after 3 months of deliberations, initially zeroed in on 3 possibilities: Altima, Camry and Accord. Didn't like Accord styling all that much, and Camry's handling was subpar even for that sedan class. I noticed more and more L32 Altimas in my area, so I figured all these owners couldn't be so wrong. Great car, I was afraid I might get one with poor mileage performance, but right now I average 28 mpg city, confirmed by ScanGauge II. I love CVT, 4-cyl engine has sufficient power to have fun on the road, I used to have 1998 BMW 740iL and Altima seems almost as roomy inside.

CVT, fuel economy, sporty exterior, abundant legroom.

Come up with radio console design that would allow easy upgrading to aftermarket receivers.