Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sporty Value
By whitng

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded up from a Sentra SE-R. Although much bigger, the Altima Coupe 3.5SE has more power and a luxyury-car like interior with the premium pkg. I'm getting almost the same gas mileage as the Sentra, too! Handling is softer but the A/C is a great value for what you get.

Rear 3/4 styling

Need sport suspension option

My car is so awesome!
By Barbara

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I can't stop staring at this car... along with everyone else that sees it. It not only looks great it handles wonderfully. We have an 07 Altima sedan. I didn't think I could love a car more than that, until I got the coupe. I have the premium pkg. in both and wouldn't get anything else. The coupe is definitely smaller inside but it works well for me. There isn't one thing I don't like about this car.

The look of it is just beautiful.

The inside side and top material is a beige color on all the cars no matter the color of the seats. I have black leather in both and the beige sides and top would have been so much nicer looking in grey for that color interior.

Appearance is great but...
By Patrick

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2.5S Coupe (Precision Grey) and had 2 problems already. After having it for 5 days, the car would only start after pushing the start button 15+ times (which the service technician claims it's a defective battery - we'll see) and the a/c compressor has to be replaced (was making a rattling noise). I've had an altima since it debuted in '92 and had no problems with its previous versions. I'm hoping that the new coupe doesn't prove me that Nissan is now marketing more on design and failing on overall reliablility.

The coupe design is a plus. CVT, responsive brakes, stiff suspension, relatively low blindspots for a coupe, and room rear seats for a coupe. The keyless entry and start up are quite a novelty item. Only time will tell if it's durable and reliable.

Body: front lip spoiler design needs improvement. Larger trunk space is needed (at least for golf clubs). Mechanical: less engine noise.

Love This Coupe
By Ron

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought my coupe in AZ and drove it home to Kansas the next day. It is a very comfortable ride. The CVT keeps the engine at its peak power range. The manual mode was great during mountain driving. Averaged 30 miles per gallon. Love the sound system in this car.

Its power, sound system, comfort of the seats, smart key, handling, sound of the engine under full acceleration, and fuel economy.

The nav system cuts out some functions when underway. You have to stop the vehicle to use some functions. The nav system in my Acura is more functional.

By RS

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy driving this car. Acceleration is surprisingly good with the smaller 4 cyl engine with excellent gas mileage. My only complaint is the limited choice of interior colors to match up with the available exterior colors. I chose the Winter Frost exterior color but was stuck with a black charcoal interior as the standard offering. I live in Texas and believe me the black charcoal interior can feel like an oven if left out in the sun too long.

Keyless ignition, gas mileage, body styling.

As mentioned, the black charcoal interior as the standard offering with most of the exterior colors.