Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Beware of heater
By BEWARE OF HEATER

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

When you put the heater on the foot only position the heat comes out mainly from the windshield defrost and not the feet. If you put the heat on the foot/defrost position it performs the exact same function. My problem is I'm 4"10 and the defrost blows right in my face which is gagging me. My husband is 6" 1 and it dries out his contacts. I have contacted 3 dealers and the manufacturer who say that is the way the car is made. My point is why have two buttons if they both perform the exact same function. No one can give me an answer to that so I'm stuck with this horrible heater blowing in my face. Also the face vents tilt but do not close so you have air hitting you from there too!!

Keyless ignition, the way the car looks from behind with the spaceship tail lights. The smooth fast way it drives.

Have the heater come out on just the feet when you push the foot only button. Have the option of totally closing vents. Have a reminder beep when you leave the sun roof open. More space under the car seats. The sunshield on the windshield blocks the drivers view for tall people. Trunk wider.

Perfection in a car!
By Perfection

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is so perfect. It's beautiful, fast and not everyone drives one! The only thing I was unhappy about is no spoiler and no vent visors. The coupe is amazing and everything I could ask for in a car. The system is great too!

Push start, Intelligent Key, Bose system, leather interior (very classy!), rearview dimming mirror, sunroof (very nice!), steering wheel with all the fun buttons, my lights... everything

SPOILER! It is a coupe, I want a spoiler.

Class with economy
By Polverizer

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The Altima coupe has the best-looking backend of any car out there at any price. Look at it from the rear and a little to the side and its a joy to behold. The 4 cylinders get you up to speed without even trying. Back seat has more headroom (slightly) than the Scion tC and Civic coupe -- but a 6-footer's head might touch the rear window. Not sure about mileage. I'm still on the first tank, but it seems fairly decent. Front seats are very comfortable, with good driver's lumbar support. Driver's leg compartment is more comfortable than Civic coupe, where the parking hand brake bothered my knee, and more spacious than the Mazda 3 sedan that crowded my lower leg. A lot of quality for the money.

The beautifully tapered trunk and overall exterior styling, driver's seat, powerful smooth 4-cylinder Nissan engine. Fit and finish is superb.

I don't quite understand the allure of the push button starter as opposed to a key, but it works fine. Wish the front end had a more attractive design. Golf clubs fit in the trunk easily if you put the top of the bag with the clubheads in first and then the bottom of the bag. A bit more trunk space.

Fun Car to Drive.
By Michael

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is a great car. Although I do have some cons but overall experience has been great. My cons are the option package by Nissan, poorly put together. When changing lanes I do experience some blind spots. At last the interior design could be a bit better. Other then those, I would recommend this car to anyone.

The V6 engine and the 6speed M transmission are my favorite features.

Better optional package. Interior design could use some improvements.

Wonderful to own, great to drive
By Ellis G. Sr.

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I really can't say anything negative about this vehicle. It is truly a sport coupe. Don't buy this car if you are not interested in a sport car but just like the looks. It has a very sporty ride (sport tuned suspension) and rides like it's on rails, superb handling. Acceleration is excellent and the CVT (continuously variable transmission) shifts seamlessly when in drive mode. You can manually shift it as well. My wife and I call it a baby Z. It is a really fun car to drive and I would highly recommend it as an affordable sport car that can hold its own.

Acceleration and handling are my favorite features of the car. Also interior design and layout.

I own an Armada as well (I was that impressed with the Altima coupe) and what I would recommend for the Altima is putting a display monitor in it as well for radio and vehicle computer similar to the Armada even though it doesn't have navigation.