Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 303 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

HOPE 2010 ALTIMA IS BETTER
By HOPE 2010 IS BETTER

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

2007 Altima 2.5SL, 6 CD Boss System, 53200 miles on it - I get 26.3 miles per gallon combine city and highway, not quite 32 as they claim. The road noise if terrible, it seems Nissan decided to build the door panels, and entire car with as little or no sound insulation, very cheap. The seats are very uncomfortable on long drives 30 min. drive. I hope they have improved these areas and other areas consumers have complained on since the redesign in 07. Otherwise, what is the point of reviewing this vehicle. Nissan invest some quality material on making a good product and don't rip people off with cheap products that are not worth more then 24K, even at 24K the Nissan Altima is not worth it.

Touch start, keyless entry.

If nissan wants repeat consumers, they need to improve the following; cabin road noise, gas consumption 23/32 more like 30/32 on base model, Engine is too loud, make seats comfortable,

Nice Choice...
By SW

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

The 2.5SL was my first "new car" purchase. I love the look of the car and the way it drives, although I should have purchased the 6 cyl. instead of 4. I didn't get the navigation system, but other than that it's fully loaded (bluetooth, leather, 6-cd changer, bose sound system, sunroof, etc). The car has been very reliable for me; no repairs needed other than recalls, BUT there were/are a LOT of recalls. The day after I purchased the car, I found out about a recall and had to go back to the dealership (would have been nice if they told me before I drove off the lot - they could have just kept it for a couple more hours to fix the problem). I plan to keep this car for a while.

Bluetooth, Smart Key, heated seats, very comfortable, good trunk size. Also, as you're approaching the car, if you press and hold the unlock button the windows roll down.

Dings and dents too easily (my old Saturn never had this problem). Too many recalls. Floormats should be sold separately instead of in packs of 4 (One of my floormats is worn and the other three still look brand new. I'm not paying $100+ to replace all four).

2007 altima fails to start
By shirley

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased my car brand new, I have very low kms. 7500 kms. 6 months after the car would not start, they put a new battery in and now another 5 months later the problem returned. The dealership says there is nothing wrong, but I even had to buy a portable booster to carry with me at all times. They refuse to fix the problem and tell me that its my fault that I don't drive it enough, even taking it out for over 20 minutes on the highway the car will not start the next day. I have had two other mechanics tell me that is is an electrical problem and to keep on taking it back to nissan to have it fixed. they will not do anything further, even though the warranty has over 1 more year.. not happy

Hotshot Altima 3.5SE
By ash

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Great car to own and drive. Its fast,quiet,smooth amd sexy looking!CVT gives it a smooth takeoff and it just keeps going! Interior is well built,however, there seems to a rattle noise fron the rr speaker mounting panel on rough roads.It is annoying and 3 Nissan dealers failed to fix it.I have learned to listen to loud music when driving on rough roads! Unlike the previous model of nissan Altima(2002-2006), the steering turning angle is great and the tires easily last for 35k miles. Maintenance cost is very reasonable and so far had very little warranty work done. Definitely a car to be proud of.Go buy one and see for yourself!

Acura Sound System would be an upgrade for this car,not that the existing one bad. Get rid of the RR speaker panel noise.

2 years and going
By Gus

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Got a 6-speed manual in Oct '07. Loved driving it fast. Mileage is great compared to my wife's minivan (I avg. 24-27). Since it's a 4-cylinder, not very powerful but it gets the job done. Also, got the manual because the wife doesn't know how to use it; hence, I drive it all the time.

6-speed manual. Saves a lot on gas.

If a six-cylinder were available that avg. the same gas mileage as my four- cylinder, I would've gotten it instead. Bless you Nissan.