Used 2007 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 302 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2007 2.5SL altima i love it
By gcs

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I got a 2.5SL Nissan altima and it's great. Leather seats are good and comfy.

I love the performance of this 4 cylinder engine. Like the keyless entry, touch ignition and of course Bose sound system.

Great car, great value
By amram80

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

The V-6 is very strong, and the styling really turns heads. The stereo could have a little more output, but the sound quality is good. The intelligent key is very cool, but it does take some getting used too. Many in the Altima forums have complained about the gas mileage, but my first trip yielded 33 mpg with 90% highway driving. I picked the V-6 because much of my driving is in the mountains and it was actually a better deal than the I-4. I've gotten mixed comments concerning the premium fuel issue, but most who have the V-6 have run regular fuel without problems. In conclusion, I believe this is the best value on the market in a midsize sedan. Period.

General styling and strong V-6.

Limited availability of colors and popular options. Inability to order options a la carte versus packages. Seats need lumbar supports.

Great Vehicle
By Jen R

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

All I have owned before were Hondas. My husband and I were ready for a change, and I am glad I made it. The day I picked it up it was 98 degrees outside, my 4 cyl Accord was a dog with the A/C on, took the Altima home with the A/C blasting and it never skipped a beat. Love the "no shift" CVT. Gas mileage is right where I left off with my Accord, hoping it gets even better with more miles, and a long trip under it's belt. This is my first car that is actually "purchased" and am glad this is one I get to hang onto for a while.

Totally keyless system, CVT, convenience plus package is very nicely equipped, exterior styling that sets it apart from the competition.

Still trying to get used to the seats, they sit differently than anything I have driven. Power passenger seat.

Mileage
By wayne

2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just returned from a vacation. Got 29.5 mpg at 65 mph interstate driving w/cruise on, level terrain. Very satisfied with fuel economy. Exceptional performance w/93 octane. Runs fine on 87. For 20 cents per gallon more, I'll stick to the higher as recommended by Nissan.

Styling, CVT, power (270 hp), smart steering wheel, bluetooth, sirius radio.

Softer driver/pax seats.

After 3000 miles
By John

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in 2004 Altima for 2007 with SL and electronics package. Recent road trip easily yielded 34-36 MPG @ 60-65 MPH with A/C. 70-75 MPH drops mileage by about 3 MPG. City MPG so far is about 22 MPG, lower than the rating but about 10% better than my 2004 Nissan with the same engine. Mileage should be even better after adequate break-in. Interior design overall is very good. Seat bottoms are a little firm. Ride is excellent, some road noise on bad surfaces but generally very low noise factor. Exterior design is an eye catcher, have received several unsolicited compliments. Integrated bluetooth phone generally works well, some trouble with voice commands but still learning.

CVT is awesome, large glove compartment, instrument lighting, ride, fuel economy.

Navigation system is decidedly average. My $300 Magellan Maestro outperforms hands down. System operates off of DVD instead of direct satellite link. Replacement CD is $190. For $3200 Nav Sys should be state of the art. Improved Nav and better seat cushions could have been added for little cost.