Used 2007 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 302 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

A very good car!
By Marco

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Traded in my Mazda6s for a 2007 Altima with the SL package. Have not regretted at all. The car drives very nicely. Unfortunately all my trips are very short. I would love to spend more time in this car. Gas mileage is good, seats are comfortable, Bose stereo is incredible. I am so happy to be back with a Nissan. The Mazda was nice but too many little problems. I used to own before that a Nissan Altima 99. What a difference. The car has finally matured into an affordable luxury car.

Bose Stereo, styling, push button ignition, quiet engine and rear vents. Very cold a/c. Love that Nissan has always had great a/c.

Improve air pressure on rear vent. Dual a/c should have dual fan speed for both driver and passenger. 4cyl SL should come standard with folding side mirrors. Wipers on high speed should not move the car when stopped.

Great Car, Great Value!
By Jim

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Bought the 2.5SL package and love the leather seats and wood trim. This car balanced all my needs well: style, comfort, performance, economy and fun. My clients have felt comfortable in it. Seat was hard at first but either I or the seat adjusted (now at 5k miles). Standard radio sounds great but doesn't display artist. ABS grabby - feels like they are about to launch me through the windshield at every stop. I like all the room in the trunk, glove box, consoles and cabin. The wipers throw water back into their own way. CVT and spry engine makes it fun to drive, although it seems a little light in the front end under fast acceleration or hard braking. Feels pushed around by the wind, too.

Smoothness of CVT, engine acceleration, interior and exterior styling, moonroof, keyless entry, leather seats and spacious cabin. Sound of standard radio. Good MPG but not great. Car is a lot of fun to drive, looks good and is easy to wash, too!

Options too pricey and packaged with stuff I didn't want. Cavernous storage spaces amplify sound of times in them. Don't like cycling through computer menus to get to the 3 features I always use. Front end feels drifty. Brakes good but grabby.

I'm Picky, But My Altima Makes Me Smile
By Ark Dan

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove Altima 4 and 6 cyl, Accord V-6, Mazda3 and Mazda6 with the V6. Owned a 2001 Accord V6 and loved it, except transmission issues. I've owned 1 four cyl and swore I would only drive at least a V6. That was 10 years ago and 6 new cars ago. Why the Altima won? The CVT is amazing. I never feel like it is underpowered because of the CVT. The engine does get a little loud when merging on highways, but is silent at cruise. I can accept the 10 seconds of engine noise for V6-like acceleration. The V6 seemed too jumpy. Handles great and is fun to drive. Very quiet and full of features. If you are a driver who likes a car with lots of features and is fun to drive. Check out Altima.

CVT by far, Bose stereo and Bluetooth, keyless ignition and entry, huge glove box that's lighted when lights are on. Very well thought out storage design such as removable cup holders, console lid that slides for comfort, etc. Can roll windows down with key fob. Dual zone auto climate controls.

Auto locking doors, better fake wood trim (it really stands out since the rest of the car has such a quality interior). Has auto headlights, but they don't go on when the wipers are on (I don't know if any car does this but it would be nice since its the law). Midrange ctrl. on radio. Trac. Control.

Another excellent midsize sedan
By Mz6GreyGhost

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

My wife purchased the Altima to replace her 2000 Neon. After driving everything else in its class, the Altima was her choice. The power from the 2.5L is impressive with either the 6-speed manual or CVT, and is plenty for merging in rush-hour traffic, while being smoother than most other 4-cyl cars. The interior is nicely styled and executed, with high-quality materials and excellent fit-and-finish (much better than the interior in my mothers '03 Altima). It rides and drives well, sportier than the Camry and Accord, but not as much as my Mazda6. The Convenience Plus package is well worth the price for the moonroof and alloy wheels alone. An excellent choice for a competent midsize sedan.

Intelligent Key may be a gimmick to some, but my wife likes it. Excellent gas mileage (better than the Neon), and the 20-gallon tank allows a 600+ mile range, excellent for high-mile commutes. The base stereo with single CD player is impressive. Lots of space for passengers, both front and rear.

Steering is too light, and ride is floaty compared to my Mazda6.

Best car out there!
By smc98m

2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I had the '00 Maxima and bought the '07 Altima SE V6 CVT. I thought I was going to get another Maxima, but was sold after test driving the Altima. I wanted the V6 because I drive in Dallas city traffic and need the "get-up-and-go" speed from time to time. Let me just say the 270hp engine is fast, but is smooth and easy to control. You can't beat the CVT. I absolutely love the convenience of the Push Button On/Off feature. Talk about never having to fumble with your car keys again! As long as you have the key in your pocket then you can lock and unlock the car from the outside push button on the door handle. Get the '07 Altima... well worth it!

Push button On and Off; CVT; 270hp; 6 CD changer and Bose stereo; built in Blue Tooth technology; Altima turning radius is much better than the Maxima; quiet; smooth; all black all leather interior; 9 cup holders; rear vents; interior lighting at night is great.

Improve the air pressure that comes out of the rear vents; Nissan needs to work on balancing the amount of air pressure when you have the air conditioning on both feet and head. It blows too much air at the feet level and hardly any at head level.