Used 2006 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 231 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Smooth Riding Altima
By Pat

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Nissan Altima for 1 month now. I love it. It has a lot of power for a 4 cyl. It rides very smooth. I love to hear the engine roar on open road. The car is very quiet, you can't hear outside noises. One thing that I do not like is that the arm rest sits back a bit far so you can't rest your arm on it. If the car is not warmed up completely it jerks once you start going. Once warmed up, I have no problems. I only noticed that when I start out first thing. But, besides the cold jerking and the armrest. It's worth it. I bought it for reliability and I have always wanted to own a Altima. Nice Pick up, just as fast as the Malibu. Nice styling.

The vehicle has many compartments to store stuff and I love the old fashion muscle car dash. Nice smooth riding vehicle.

Move the armrest forward to allow a person to rest their arm on it. Smooth out the jerking on cold take offs. Other than that, NOTHING!

1/2 price Beamer
By MJ

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

20 MPG in city and 30 on Highway, 3,000 RPM at 80 MPH. comfortable for 5. Special Edition Package great bargain. Sun roof works smoothly and quiet. Fun car to drive. Wish it would have been a 6 speed in 2006.

Sun Roof, Chrome Accents

6 speed... now in 2007 model

My SL Altima
By Carol Neugebauer

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Since 1984, only owned SUVs..love my Altima SL. Performance and dependable all of the time.

Bose stereo, love it and the seat warmers are great too!

Not so much plastic parts inside and outside for more durability.

Updated from 09/06 (Bought 05/06)
By new_to_nissan

2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Few months back put 1200 miles in one trip. This car did not disappoint me for a minute. With 175 hp pick and smooth highway ride, my family felt secure while taking a ride on this car. Honda Accord 2000 as my first car and ended up buying Altima because of wreck. I still love Honda cars but every day when I drive this car, it seems to me that this car is asking me to challenge its ride and handling. Nissan had done well to earn the confidence of drivers like me, mid 30’s young dads who drive responsibly. If you are responsible driver and occasionally drive 5mph or 10 mph over the limit, I will suggest this car. So far it is trouble free.

Black on Black '06 SE-R
By Jason in St. Louis

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

1 year now with my SE-R. Many positives, but room for improvement. Very stylish, I receive a lot of compliments from young and old alike. Great performance from a very reliable and well engineered engine. Aggressive exhaust tones, Xenon headlights, 18" wheels, 6 speed, 2 tone leather, Bose stereo, etc. With all this great stuff you get TORQUE STEER... big time, interior road noise from tires that are expensive to replace, and huge front wheel wells (car looks unbalanced from side profile). Overall, I'm VERY satisfied with my experience with this car... highly recommended.

Aggressive exhaust tones, large stainless steel exhaust tips, Xenon headlights, 18" wheels, 6 speed, 2 tone leather, heated seats, Bose stereo, large brakes w/ SE-R logo calipers.

Torque steer, interior noise, front wheel well gap.