Used 2005 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 489 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

nissan 05
By s-somarriba

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got my Nissan with zero miles so far in the past five years I somehow put 184 thousand miles. Have been everywhere in California, very good on gas. At 140 thousand miles four sensors went out do to factory defect after Nissan preformed the recall I have had no problem other than a speeding ticket. Overall an awesome car probably can still get another 200 thousand miles before I get another car.

Butt warmer comes in handy when it is winter. And of course the Bose surround sound.

Would be nice if it had a AUX input and Bluetooth other than that it needs no improvment.

I love my 2005 Nissan Altima SE-R
By Zack

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It has style, it has performance, it's economically feasible, and it is also reliable. The BOSE sound system is awesome. The red and black leather is totally unique. I feel like I am driving a German sports car rather than your typical Japanese mid-sized sedan. I bought this car right when it came out when it had zero miles on it, and now it has around 68,000 miles, and I have had zero problems with it. I plan on driving this car till the day it dies, which I do not think will be anytime soon. Thanks Nissan, you can pat yourselves on the back for making the 2005 Altima SE-R!

The acceleration and performance. The red/black leather. The awesome sound system. The cruise control. Satellite radio. Truck space and fold down back seat. Sun roof. Heated seats. MPG/Oil/Electric gauges. Center consul. Spacious interior. Stock 18' rims. Dual exhaust. Headlights. Keyless entry.

AC requires a lot and frequent change of coolant. Break pads go by quickly. Needs retractable side mirrors. Nothing else! This is the most reliable car I have every owned and ever will own. Every time I turn the key, the engines starts; and thats all that really matters to me in a car. Go nissan!

Easy Ownership
By semaj422000

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car used in 2006 with 13k miles on it. Now has over 65k. Has been wrecked 3 times - once fairly seriously (gotta love ATL drivers). Despite that has absolutely no mechanical problems and has never been to the shop for anything other than routine maintenance. I opted for the manual b/c its more fun for me to drive and improves gas mileage. It also has leather (vinyl?) interior. Gets awesome gas mileage and is quite peppy for a 4cyl thanks to the manual tranny. Excellent leg room. Rear passengers are comfy even with the seat all the way back.

Manual transmission - has a little purr as RPM return to zero. 6 speaker audio system. Steering wheel mounted controls.

None. Its exactly what it should be. There are higher models available for more features.

So Far, Super Car
By KYBruce

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We found this on ebay. Had 45k on it and paid $9900. Can get over 30MPG on hwy. Bose 6CD sounds great. My wife likes the light emerald green color. Leather htd seats are very comfortable. Have always owned Hondas, and this is first Nissan, and so far impressed. The engine is smooth and seems more like 6 cyl. Only negative is this car should have std ABS and side airbags (which ours does not) Would certainly recommend!

Bose CD, seats, exterior styling and dash layout, good acceleration and gas mileage, large trunk, lots of leg room

2005 models should have had ABS and side airbags standard. Nissan cheaped out, but has since added these

Follow-up After 2 Years: Still Good
By David K

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

It has been two years since I bought my used Altima, and I'm not loving it any less. Mileage is now at 73K and the car is asking for new brakes and shocks soon. Also, strangely, a motor mount bushing cracked. A few annoyances: Turning radius is too large, brake interlock in auto trans. clicks loudly when coming to a stop, and sometimes hard 1-2 downshifts. Now that I have the bad out of the way, none of the above prevents me from endorsing this car. Car is still comfy, stylish and sporting. Beyond one trim piece cracking, materials quality is satisfactory.

Roomy, interior cubbies, good all-around visibility, reliability, telescoping wheel, fob op. roll down windows, sportiness, big trunk.

A moot point since it's a used car. Safety (ABS, side airbags, trac./stab. control) and entertainment offerings (NAV & AUX port) are lacking compared to newer cars. Nothing the refreshed '07 and later Altimas or the aftermarket haven't addressed for people who can't live without such things.