Used 2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 489 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I Love it!
By Phyllis

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Even though I have only owned my Altima for over a little more than a month I am delighted to get behind the wheel. I think it looks good and I look good in it. It handles well and gets good gas milage as well. So far the dealer has lived up to all of my expectations.

There should be more instrutment lights especially on the steering wheel.

Yes sir!!
By Peggy

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a 45-year old mother of five and can I say owning this car has been the most fun! My older kids all want to drive it and show it off to their friends. The younger ones think it's such a treat whenever I let them go for a ride in it. The whole look of the exterior and interior screams luxury sport. And the Code Red color sure does turn heads.

Code Red color, luxurious leather interior, tight handling on curves, awesome Bose stereo system, nice size trunk - lots of space.

Warn drivers the sporty, racing tires are NOT meant for snow. On dry and rainy pavement, they're fantastic. But with even a dusting of snow, they're useless.

A Tremendous Value!
By PozzyMoto

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Altima. I have the luxury of a high priced designer vehicle without the dent in my wallet. I didn't realize that 4 cylanders had such great pickup. It's a pretty car, it's a peppy car, it's a reliable car. Why spen more?

awesome
By paul ward

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

awesome vehicle, superior styling in comparison to the other vehicles in its class, plus very comfortable, great performance, excellent safety ratings, all around awesome car!

awesome

awesome, no suggestions

Loving every minute of every drive....
By Joe Williams

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I don't get to drive my SE-R much, but every time I do, I love it! I'm gonna have to get a radar detector cuz it BEGS to be driven well in excess of 60mph. I had a 2003 Altima SE that was great, but this one is a very significant improvement over that one. The road noise issue has been addressed and the interior is much improved from the cheap-feeling plastic stuff that was in the old one. I haven't seen a car in the class that could hope to compete with the thrill factor available here. As good as the car looks parked, it has to be driven to be appreciated. Do NOT get the automatic (though I test drove one and it handles itself well, too!) - you'll be robbing yourself of a lot of joy.

The Growl of the engine, particularly at start-up. The handling is superb. The stereo kicks with any type of music. Nissan did a masterful job of appealing to the driving enthusiast here.

The steering wheel controls need to be lighted. The coin holders are in a shoulder-wrenching position. The wheels will spin if you get greedy with the gas when shifting. Fuel economy could be better, particularly since you gotta give it 93 octane. All of these are nit- picky, though. AWESOME CAR!!!