Used 2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 489 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

No ABS Brakes
By scarolina

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Altima last September & was very excited since I had a '88 Maxima I traded. My new car lacks power (quick acceleration) (4 cyl engine) definitely underpowered & affects mileage. The driver bucket seat is not comfortable & the original seat was installed at a angle-had it replaced. My biggest concern is not having ABS system. I had ABS before & didn't realize the added safety in having ABS brakes. I'm seriously considering trading my car in for a 3.5 Altima with ABS or purchasing a Honda or Toyota. Cars are so experience & purchasing a new that lacks quality to say the least is extremely frustrating. I normally keep a car 10 to 12 years but feel this car will be the exception

I like the sunroof and the Bose sound system. The exterior lines are quite attractive.

Have ABS brakes as standard equipment, also 6 cylinder as standard, improve the contour of the bucket seats, and have a dte (distance to empty) display that is accurate not varying by 20 to 35 miles.

Sit Back and Enjoy the Ride!
By DPiedra

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Only had this car for a fewmonths. Got the 3.5 SE with leather package, sunroof, larger tires, Bose Stereo, plus all the other bells and wistles. This car is not only fun to drive, it is fast and very responsive. Love the interior. That is primarily where this car wins big over the boring Accord and Camry.

Bose Stereo, Sunroof, Wheels, Steering Wheel, Soft Shifter, AC (Cold!)

Lighted instruments on steering wheel and a better lit radio panel - but who the hell cares ... nothing that really begs to be changed in a way that would affect performance.

Safety of 2005 altima
By V.Luce

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Leased vehicle 8/2004 after receiving offer from Nissan on early termination of lease on 2001 Pathfinder. Loved that SUV. Was impressed with Altima's overall design and engine performance. Neglected to check oversall body frame. Late August 2004 while slowly backing out of a parking space hit a low brick planter(too low to see in rear view mirror. Cost replacement molded bumper $542.00.Used a magnet to check the body and found the hood and trunk were molded not metal. Concerned safety driving this car whose body is not 100% metal.

Enjoy driving. Have always driven a Toyota Camry. Got into Nissan because of the Pathfinder.

Go back to full metal body frame.

great car so far
By dan

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

great style lots of room I am 6'4 nice sound system first nissan for me but not my last

the comfort of the car, gas milage

make the upper compartment latch easier to open

Great car for the price
By Colleen

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car then drove from Florida to California and everywhere in between. I logged over 13K miles and no problemo. I was on the road for four months, drove in every kind of weather possible including needing chains to make it through the mountain passes yet, it holds its own without them. I absolutely love this car.

The stero controls on the wheel, and the automatic closing of the sunroof upon shutting the car off.

Put the blinker signals lower on the controls so I can see when they are blinking. It is in a blind spot for me.