Used 2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 489 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Sweet Ride
By WB

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought the 3.5 last week. Love it! Fast and great handling. Turns heads and is a blast to drive. Forget the 4 cylinder, even though the power is adequate. 250 HP is no joke- test drive and see. Great leases also being offered at this time. Hard to pass on.

The power. The car wants to run. The styling is great also. A sports car that hauls the family. Plenty of room inside. Great "smoke" color.

Haven't had this car long enough. The jury is still out on the gas mileage. Of course, they way I have driven the car this past week, gas mileage was the last thing on my mind!

Everything the SE wasn't
By Scott Thatcher

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

BMW experience in a Nissan. Great exhaust sound, great improvements over the 3.5SE. Beyond the obvious stats differences, the windows are faster, horn lock sound is quieter, you can't make it squeel a tire from sideways G force. Interior is new GTO-ish. Doors seem heavier than the 3.5SE. 18" Forged aluminum wheels easy to clean due to wheel design. Better shift logic for city driving than the 3.5SE. I hear it has the Maxima transmission, haven't cnofirmed. More of a head turner than I expected. People just turn/gawk/change their direction to see what this is. The cost/performance/style/MPG balance just can't be matched/beat in my opinion.

Racing style seats, better handling than 3.5SE, better transmission & exhaust sound. Nice 18" Aluminum forged wheels.

Some say NAVI system should be an option on this cost of vehicle. Not me. Nissan front bumper plastic needs to be harder like GM's. I think it specs too quickly. Should have remote start installed at factory.

What a nice surprise
By Jeff

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is most beautiful and amazing car I have ever owned in that it didn't cost a mint. Forget a Lexus or Infiniti. This is a luxury car in almost every since of the word. It's large enough for my 6'6" and 280lb frame. I could use a little more room, but what car wouldn't I need more room. I have the Satin White, and boy does it get noticed. The tan leather interior looks like your average $40,000 plus luxury car. It flies for a four banger. It only requires 87 octane gasoline. It's sister V6 model requires 89 or higher. That was a major selling point in and of itself. Just pure joy to drive. Go out and get one.

Bose 6 CD Changer, steering wheel controls, acceleration, gas mileage, auto ac controls, storage compartments, always lit odometer/guages (even with headlights off), leather heated seats, auto head light control, and all four windows roll down using key fob or holding key in door, and more....

Move parking brake to floor or passenger side of gear shift. Drive/park auto door locks (nice added safety feature). With window lock depressed, driver cannot roll down passenger windows. Cup holders large enough for slightly larger containers.

Altima V6
By BVersoy

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is an extraordinary pleasure and alot of fun to drive. Zero to 60 in 6 seconds should be 4 seconds---it moves. It is comfortable and I feel very safe in this car. Unless something changes I will continue to buy the Altima. PS: My husband perfers my Altima over his V6 Camry.

Everything is user friendly. Rearview mirror with built in compass and automatic dimming.

The V6 should have power passanged seat, at least forward and backward. Automatic air lift for the trunk.

Finally! A Real Car
By Keith Borders

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my altima now for 2 weeks, and It's better than I hoped. The interior is plush and comfy. The handling is great. It has a lot of kick for a 4 cyl. I just love my new Altima. Had a Nissan before, and glad I'm back!

the steering and kick it has. I have the best looking color in my opinion...Smoke!

Make lighted vanity mirrors standard, and standard wheels instead of wheel covers.