2004 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Good car, but beware of a few

2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Good car, but beware of a few issues
By Jersey on

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am the original owner of a 2004 Altima I purchased in 2003. It's a fun to drive car and has adequate head/legroom for tall drivers (as long as there is no sunroof). Acceleration and handling are very good and I generally get 23 mpg from daily driving. My biggest issues have been the following: Nissan dealerships are not good at diagnosing/fixing problems (I've used several dealerships with similar results), car won't start after you turn car on/off quickly in cold weather (This is a known "cold start" issue that, based on my experience, Nissan generally does not acknowledge/fix), parts can be expensive. While I enjoy driving the car, my experiences with Nissan are often disappointing.

Handling, acceleration (for a 4- cylinder engine), gas mileage, headroom/legroom, styling, interior/trunk space, telescopic steering wheel.

Better quality cloth seats with improved lumbar support, reduce interior road/engine noise, vastly improve quality of dealership service, better quality interior plastics, correct "cold start" problem.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review