Used 2000 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

360,000 miles and still goind strong
By ahunt

2000 Nissan Altima XE 4dr Sedan

I love my Altima, even with 360,000 miles it is still reliable, it has never broken down on me! I bought it used with 80,000 miles, I plan to get to 400,000 miles!

Watch out!
By Larry B

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car for my son and daugther while in college. It was already is bad shape because the previous owner did not perform standard maintenance. Put almost $3000 into it to get to safety margins. Car is now inoperable due to engine failure. Don't recommend this car at this age.

Lots of miles but fun to drive.
By Ken Voss

2000 Nissan Altima SE 4dr Sedan

Was great once, could be again. "Experts" say it has a fuel delivery problem, left me stranded twice recently. If I could fix that and give it some TLC it would still be my daily driver. Love this car but having a slight issue of trust. Drive it at least once a week. Still smooth/fun at 100+ mph as it is at 50. Washes up and looks beautiful but does have lots of miles/years so it needs a little love. You won't sorry if you buy it and give it a little time and effort.

Still driving it, still love it, but can't give it the tlc it deserves. Will give to charity f
or auction to raise funds to help others.

Old Reliable
By O Williams

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new in 2000 with only 14 miles on it. It now has over 120,000 miles on it and it has been a reliable car ever since. In 2004 I had to have the engine manifold gasket replaced, but got a good deal on repairs due to a friend's husband being a former Nissan mechanic. Since then, I have only had to have regular brake replacement, oil changes to keep it running. It's now 16 years old and showing its age, so recently the thermometer sensors had to be replaced, radiator replacement, and some leaks fixed. Of course that is to be expected on a car this old. I can deal with the fact of the driver side window regulator acting up, and other minor issues due to age. Overall, the reliability of this car has allowed me to put off new car purchase, since I am lucky enough to have a 5 minute commute to work every day. My only complaint is that I don't have all the bells and whistles technology wise that newer cars have. I still LOVE having that old CD player in my car, and it's still working! :-)

2000 Altima GXE
By James Bond

2000 Nissan Altima GXE 4dr Sedan

bought it for $1,400,It had about 96,450 miles on it.It now has 109,400.The previous owner or owners didn't take very good care if it,But I was in a bind and felt I got a good deal,turns out I have.I've drove the car on long trips like Oklahoma to Northern California it ran great doing about 70 the whole way in the middle of summer.It has always started up for me.I've reached 120mph in it....but that was a one time thing I was curious I take care of the car...I'm replacing the knock sensor not because it was bad but because somehow it came unplugged on the pigtail end of it is plastic and broke.New brakes,batterie,replace the valve cover gasket when I bought the car haven't had a problem with that sense...I use mobile 1 high mileage.
I'm proud of this car.I'd buy it again.My next car will be Nissan for sure.