Used 1999 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I love this car!
By latino224

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car to Houston Texas 2 times and gone to Florida 3 times, and i went to South Carolina 2 times. each time pulling a U-Haul trailer "the small one of course"

great car, too bad has been redisigned
By florian

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I got my 99 GXE altima in 2002 with 32000 on it. Changed tires and brakes right after that. aside from regular oil changes there are no cost of use. Great car overall. it now has 70,000 miles and I haven't changed a thing. Just put some snow tires on it for these MA winters. It drives great during summer and handels the winter(especially now) like a 4wd car. recommanded to anyone

strong engine, great gas mileage, 5 speed is awsome

trunk is smaller then expected and cannot be opened with the car remote.

Bngwtr
By bongwater78

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE Limited 4dr Sedan

This is my second nissan altima, a wonderful car at an affordable price, fits all my friends and goes across town and back with the low fuel light on. Nothing like driving a stick...

The clutch and stick

Maybe a six speed and bose factory audio?

recommended
By elizabeth ochoa

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

I still have the car. It's been a great experience and plan to change it for another Nissan car. Very reliable.

sound system. too low, uncomfortable to get in and out. brakes should last longer. better tires.

Perfect Used Car
By L7jr

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

After alot of research for my next car I decided on the Altima. I have no regrets at all. I purchased the car with 79,000 miles and now have 90,000 miles on it and have only 3 things gone wrong on the car other than brakes and oil changes. The first thing that went were my CV boots and second my throttle linkage snapped which controls the acceleration of the car. Basically, when it snapped my gas pedal did nothing and left me stranded. My mechanic told me in his 25 years of working he had never seen that happen on a car. Lastly, the alternator had to replaced but other than that the car has been perfect and I highly reccommend this car. I added a K&N filter and it makes such a difference.

Power of engine, radio & A/C controls, exterior styling, visibility, RELIABILITY

ABS should have been standard (I don't have it), MPG can be erratic sometimes (sometimes extremely frugal and other times it burns quickly), maybe a height adjustor for the driver seat but that is just nitpicking