Used 1999 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

My best car ever...
By Richard S

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have 112,000 miles on this car I bought new. Front brakes made it safely to 75,000 backs to 100,000 OE clutch made it to 110,000 as well as the battery and alternator. That I blame on my 1000 watt aftermarket stereo. I did have to replace the power window unit at 96000. I'm scared to trade it because of how reliable it has been. It can even do light off roading when needed. It's not a truck so it does require some caution but it handles it well. Wish the new ones were closer to the same! We have an 06 too. It's really nice but not quite the same.

Two tone black and white gauges, huge trunk, power that the little 2.4 puts out high ground clearance for a small-mid size car. Easy to operate moonroof.

More comfy seats on the SE.

Second Car and Used But Great
By Neal

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

I am a college student and this is my second car and I love it. I have had it for about a year and I have had no problems with this car. I drive it back and forth to college and home about 2000 mile round trip. All I have to do to the car is get the oil changed and replace the tires and she runs perfectly.

Everything.

Better audio system.

Great performance and efficiency
By Ryan

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The car has taken a heavy beating, yet remains very reliable. Well-maintained, 31 mpg on the highway is possible, and given its performance (don't read this like it's a sports car), this is excellent. For my money, I can't find any significant drawback to the driving experience.

Reliable Car
By scaito

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GLE 4dr Sedan

This has been a very reliable car. I have had this car for almost three years and only had to change the oil every three thousand miles. I've never had any problems with it.

Very Dependable
By Dave

1999 Nissan Altima Sedan GXE 4dr Sedan

Hands down the best car I have ever owned. I bought the Nissan new and now have over 160,000 miles on it, no major repairs at all, just change the oil and tuned it up twice. Brakes once at 90K, I get the dealer breaks which are much better quality. I gave this car to my son to drive, and I am sure he will get another 100k out of it.

Reliability and Dependability. I wish I could find an American car with this much quality and dependability.

None. The new style Nissan is an excellent improvement.