Used 2009 Nissan 370Z Consumer Reviews - 62 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan 370Z

View reviews for a specific 370Z model:

What a BLAST ! Great car for the Money
By apes girl

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Great job Nissan ! 09 Got the Nav pkg/Sport Pkg. loaded. I have owned Porsche, Vette, Cameros, Range Rover Ect.... This is a great car for the money Truly. Handles sweet, power when you need it. I live in San Diego so I have not experienced the heat or need for oil cooler ( hope you guys get help though ) Comfort is amazing, sound system great, Nav easy to use, like the phone opt. and inside is roomy, your not on top of one another, nice. Great use of interior space thanks.

LOVE IT ALL !!

automatic trunk open/shut like murano (on key), and better rear visibility maybe back up camera on nav screen like murano.Would be helpful Thanks

370 Z a"Winner"
By JPK

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I traded in my 2005 BMW 330CI with the sport pkg and sequential manual tranny. It was a quality vehicle and fun to drive. I test drove the 370 Z and felt it was more me than the BMW. It looks great, (turns heads)has rapid acceleration, shifts easily, and corners like it is on rails. I,m 5'11" and weigh 170. The seats are comfy, head room is ample and leg room is good. I now have over 1200 miles on the car (mfr's break in period)and engine and tranny feel much better. I live in East Texas and the temp has been in the mid 90's and low 100's since I've had the Z. 240 degrees is the highest the engine oil has gotten. The Z engine is noisy but seems quieter as it breaks in.

Looks,handling,engine response,seats and cockpit.

Improved rear and side visibility. A more melodious engine.

The 370Z car need an ENGINE OIL COOLER!
By Prefecto2

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my Nissan 2009 370Z Car on February 26, 2009. I have been very disappointed with my 2009 370Z Car, because you can't drive it over 4000 RPM's, if the ambient temperature is over 90 degrees. As a result, I only have 630 miles on my 370Z! The 370Z Car, without an engine oil cooler, will over-heat! The engine oil temperature reaches 280 degrees, if the ambient temperature is over 90 degrees, and it will do it in a very short period of time. When this happens, the car's engine RPM's are reduced from 7500 RPM's to 6500 RPM's, and if the engine oil temperature reaches 290 degrees, the engine's RPM's will be reduced to 4500 RPM's, which is approximately half of the 370Z Horsepower!

The 2009 Nissan 370Z is an excellent handling car. The interior is very well set, and easy to drive.

The 2009 Nissan 370Z must have an engine oil cooler installed, in order for the car to reach its full potential! Without an engine oil cooler, the 370Z in a very poor performance car! And don't even think about contacting Nissan's Consumer Affairs Dedpartment. What a joke!

Itza great car
By nicecar

2009 Nissan 370Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

My previous autos were an 08 TL TypeS, an 06 Vette, and an 05 Charger Daytona. I know performance and quality. The 370Z has more of both than any of my previous vehicles. She's perfect for hotrodding around town and a great interstate cruiser at 79mph (yep, in the summer). I ledfoot it all the time and have never seen my oil temp gauge above 225(& I live in Central Georgia). Build quality and finish are outstanding. Heat isn't an issue unless you take it to the track. And if you intend to, at its price point, what's the big deal about putting an oil cooler on it? Worried about warranty? Don't race the car! After 14,000 troublefree mi, the car is simply without peer cost/value/performance.

Crazy fast, corners like it's on rails; yet has interior quality and exterior fit and finish that shame both my '08 Acura TL TypeS and '06 Vette.

None. It's neither supposed to be a luggage hauler nor whisper quiet... it's a SPORTS car, y'all! Want a quiet ride with lots of cargo space? Buy a Buick or Lexus. Want a racer? Spend 60k and buy a new Cayman S, or simply put an oil cooler on your 370Z and spend low-mid 30k all in.

A Blast to drive
By Alex

2009 Nissan 370Z 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The get up and go of the VQ37 engine is amazing, it oozes power. Very flat torque curve, keeps pulling harder as you shift. The car bleeds sex appeal, no matter who pulls up alongside you, heads are turning, men and women alike. By far one of the best looking sports cars out, especially for the money.

Power, Push-Start ignition, Superior handling, Exhaust note.

Definitely needs a lighter flywheel, car jerks entirely too hard if the revs arent perfectly matched, makes shifting smoothly almost a chore. I drove semi professionally, I would know. Tranny is a bit noisy also. And fix the blind spots!