Used 2006 Nissan 350Z Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan 350Z

View reviews for a specific 350Z model:

Oil Burner
By Ryan

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

If you're a real enthusiast and bought a manual, you're probably wondering why your new car is burning oil. Don't ask nissan because they do not know either. The seats are uncomfortable and the transmission makes a lot of rattling noises. I have owned many Nissans and so wanted this, my Z, but this car has left an awful impression on me and would not buy another Z.

Automatic up/down windows. Quick acceleration. The Bose system.

Fix the oil burning problems. Fix the rattling transmission.

Love my Z
By saildocva

2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Excellent in all aspects. Its a joy to own and drive. Very good handling and performance. Rear visibility is limited but good outside mirrors that adjust easily helps a lot.

Power ragtop. Love hidden aspect when it is down.

More AC vents e.g. under driver seat - through seat would be great.

Most Bang For the Buck
By DamonH

2006 Nissan 350Z 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my 2nd Z. My first was an 03 Enthusiast with the 5A. I couldn't stand the car. I had it only 6 months and sold it. I bought my 06 last August. It's the base model with the 6 speed manual. This is the most fun car I've ever owned. It's a complete 180 from the 03. The exhaust note is amazing, gas mileage is awesome for a 300 hp car, and the reliability can't be beat. This is my weekend car, while my 07 Audi A4 is the daily driver. The Z gets a little bone-jarring after a while, but I always have a blast driving.

Acceleration, build quality, brakes, gas mileage, fit and finish, and suspension.

The seats are uncomfortable and I have trouble finding a sitting position (I'm 6'0) without being at a 90 degree angle. It's awkward. The standard radio is awful. Finally, make traction control standard. If it rains, the car slips and slides all over the place.

Great fun car to drive
By scottbui

2006 Nissan 350Z Touring 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I tried the SLK 280/350, Z4 and neither of these vehicles came close to the fun factor of owning the 350z. Should've purchased a 4 seater though to give more flexibility but that's the nature of the beast in purchasing a 2 seater.

Power, power power... there's nothing like the purring sound of the 350Z.

Better compartmental design.

Long Term Report
By Nutnfancy

2006 Nissan 350Z Grand Touring 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The 350Z in all versions is a performance bargain. It is a quick, well-balanced, superbly built sports car. Styling is head turning. Acceleration is good. Overall MPG runs 21.5 city, with about 40% aggressive driving, 25-27 hwy if you drive with cruise and accelerate gently. Build quality is outstanding: no squeaks, rattles, misaligned panels, or mx issues. Maintenance costs have been zero for me in the last year. Stock exhaust note is exhilarating. Stereo is good. Amenities, storage areas, utility of hatchback are excellent.

Looks, reliability, Rays Engineering forged wheels, widened fenders over 2005 model, handling, funness of driving, positive shifting, excellent storage areas, GT models provides superb amenities like subwoofer stereo and multi-function and useful computer.

Allow seat to go back farther: at 6' 1.5" I barely fit in (but do), change location of of AC on switch (real easy to actuate in spirited shifting), don't have AC come on in recirc mode automatically (hate that). That's it!