Used 2006 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

A Great Vehicle
By glorkar

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased Used with 66,000 miles. When I started looking for a different vehicle, the Outlander wasn't even on my list. But after I saw it and test drove it, I fell in love. The exterior is fairly aggressive and the seats are very comfortable. The ride is nice and smooth and it has been able to haul anything I needed. I have not needed the AWD yet but with winters in Wisconsin I'm sure it will come in handy. The mileage is ho-hum at about 20 mpg and it's not very peppy off the line, but I knew it wasn't a race car when I bought it. The mesh cloth seats are great. Even though they are darker, they are cool to the touch even in 85 degree weather.

Aggressive exterior styling/uniqueness, comfortable seats, cargo capacity, can unlock all doors with one exterior door lock, reliability

Redesigned headlight lenses that don't crack, center headrest on back seat obstructs rear view (removed first thing,) cup holders too big for cans and most bottles (great for coffee mugs though)

Updated comments
By Outlander2

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Two months ago I rated my newly purchased Outlander. I still feel that the car is very smooth. It rides very quiet and is very comfortable. I especially like the transmission, allowing to shift up and down on the go. The sound system is great. I found that the rear wiper to be almost useless. It does not clean a large enough surface to allow for a clear vue, The rear wiper is a pain to change. The plastic on which mudguards are mounted is beginning to deteriorate. Gas mileage is disappointing from a 4 cyl. car. I find the tires 215/55/17 to be oversize and the 94V rating in unnecessary for this car with a top speed of 120 mph. The windows and sunroof freeze when cold.

Sound system AWD variable Transmission Looks and feels Leather seats Sunroof Quietness Smoothness

Better fuel economy Better plastic, more rigid tires that fit the characteristics of the car. I would think 215/60/16 would be very appropriate. Plastic is very cheap.

Mitsubishi weekender
By Nopamo

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander LS 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this outlander in October and it has been a perfect fit since. I was looking for a car like suv and found outlander fitting in utility and price. It has fit into our lifestyle as a weekend and vacation get away mobile. It's perfect as a secondary car especially when you want to give your daily commute car a break. The money you'll save could be used on enjoying your destination. Our outlander is adequately powered for getting here to there. All the necessary comforts for the drive are present including a more than comfortable and roomy passenger space. Four medium sized people will seat very easily. Five is do-able for shorter trips. Back seats recline, but will sacrifice cargo.

Roof rails Angle of the dash. Brilliantly provide more interior space in front. Leg room for all passengers. Automanual shift option. Great for that extra power on hills. All wheel drive. Perfect for the snow on lake Tahoe trips. Adequate cargo space. Back seats fold down for more space.

Hollow build quality of body exterior. Static shock when exiting vehicle. Shocks my fiancée every time. Minor blind spots in front winshield which sometimes gets in the way of seeing left and right at intersections. Visors don't completely block sun when used for side windows.

New to Outlander
By Outlander

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ok, I just bought this used 2006 Outlander. Let me say that I am very impressed with how smooth the car rides. The seats (front, I haven't been in the back yet) are very comfortable. Sound system is great. The viewing position is perfect for my height (5'9").

Sounds system, sun roof, comfort, quietness, and driving position.

Smaller size tires.

Great Car
By Snoop

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It still amazes me that the resale value of these is so far below the CRV and the Rav4. Makes picking up one lightly used a no-brainer. The SE model exterior design blows away the rivals. Great looking vehicle (SE/LTD - LS OK) and you won't see many (if any) on the road. The engine has plenty of power even when entering/passing on the highway. The Infiniti sound system is great. Plenty of room on the inside, slightly less cargo space than the CRV & Rav4, but not by much. Expected to run forever (150 - 200K easy) with little maintenance.

Exterior design and appearance of SE & LTD models. Won't see any others on the road. Chrome wheels, roof rails, slight ground effects, clear taillight covers, Infinity sound system, spacious interior, comfortable seating, padded console. Build quality.

Already redesigned in '07 (with bigger engine, more room etc.). I preferred the '06 feature/option set to the larger, less efficient '07+.