Used 2004 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Poor paint quality, Nice car
By DIXIENDFW

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, I like my outlander, but my paint started fading within 2 years of owning it. I took it to the dealer who told me it was because of the "texas sun". Needless to say, it is paid off now, 4 years old and looks pretty shabby on the outside. All the plastic parts are more pink than red. I am not happy. But, the interior is nice, laid out well. I have room for my car seat and one other adult in backseat. Cargo room is sufficient for a smaller suv. I am unhappy that at 50,000 miles I am considering A NEW PAINT JOB.

Height, not too high, not too low

Better paint, better gas mileage, More power, v6 option

Love it!! Love it!! Love it!!
By Socialdoc

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I will never make fun of a heated leather seat again, I can't live without them! I keep warm and they are easy to clean up after the dog has been in the car with her muddy paws! Sporty, clean look, fun to drive, easy to maintain! And not bad at all on gas & I drive all over town! And I got a heck of a deal( New ) and will buy this model again! I strongly suggest it to you! You can't go wrong! And it kinda looks like the Lexus SUV, hehehe!

Heated seats, leather seats & electric moon roof.

Drop the price on the newer models so I can afford another one when I need it in a few years.

The car is good
By Anthony

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been continously suprised by the performance of my Outlander. We recently came over the mountains in the snow and the car performed remarkabley. I am able go faster than is safe and able to get up to speed and keep up with other higher performing cars that is acceptable. My wife and I purchased this car for her benefit, she wanted a car she was comfortable with in terms of size. I initially wanted to get the endeavor, but I think the outlander was a better purchase in terms of cost and efficiency.

I like the option of being able to used the auto-manual shift feature. This feature allows me to have better control over getting up to speed in various driving conditions (snow, hills, wanting to drive fast, etc).

Loving It
By cd

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had it a little over 3 years now, been consistent with my regular maintenance and have not had one issue with it -- it's been great through all the crazy weather CT throws at us -- heat, cold, rain, snow, ice. For its size, it gives you enough of a height above the traffic to make you feel comfortable but not feel like you're in a tractor trailer! Definitely am happy I made the decision I did and "loving it"!!

Great car
By Frank Trobirdge

2004 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this SUV. I drive it 30,000 miles a year and has 95K on it now and still runs like new. I have used it to haul my small camper and have really abused this car, but it continues to work like a dream. While its design is pretty extreme, it allows the car to look as new and trendy as the other crossovers being released today. I will keep this thing forever if I can, and if it dies, it am so pleased I am likely to go out and purchase another Outlander.

The styling of this car is great! I also love the shift-tronic feature. Towing my camper in the mountains would have been very difficult without this feature.

I think this car would have been perfect as a hybrid model or a V6 - and Mitsubishi chose to go with the more affordable V6 route with their new models (and a third row!).