Used 2003 Mitsubishi Outlander Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander

View reviews for a specific Outlander model:

Good SUV
By Jennifer

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Outlander for almost two years and I am very happy with it. It's very reliable and the performance is good. It is easy to get in and out of and the trunk compartment is easily accessible.

Is reliability a feature? This is a peppy vehicle for a 4 cylinder.

The window controls are placed too far forward. Sometimes I roll down the back windows by mistake. My fan cuts off and on constantly when running the a/c, which is weird. Also, I have to be careful because of limited visibility (blind spots).

Good Family Vehicle
By C

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've always had minivans before this and I was reluctant to go to an SUV because I enjoyed the extra backseat. However, after test driving the Outlander with my family of five we decited to buy. My three kids fit comfortably in the backseat (with two booster seats) The height is simliar to a van and the trunk is a lot roomier.

Our favorite feature is the sunroof.

It needs more compartments inside to put things.

Great Vehicle for the Money
By crd

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Mitsubishi Outlander is everything that I was looking for. It is roomy, comfortable, quick and responsive, high off the ground, and it has a very thoughtful interior design. Its gas mileage is a little higher than I expected, about 25 mpg on the highway.

I'm 6'4", and the Outlander is very easy to get in and out of and very comfortable. Also, I like the storage/rear seat design.

The Outlander should have a little more power, more useful roof rails, and better highway gas mileage.

Saved our Lives
By gail

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our Outlander saved me, my daughter's and her friend's lives! Tonight we were in a terrible car accident where I went into a ditch and my truck flipped over three times! We all had our seatbelts on, the back windows shattered OUT the car, the sides got bangged up, but the doors never caved in, the roof and hood were badly smashed. When people passed the vehicle, they were horrified...and could not believe we were alive! I am going to buy another...as I feel it truly saved us....I give it a five star safety rating...thanks Mitsubishi!

The safety features.

It should get better gas mileage, have better tires, and have more "pick-up."

Excellent Vehicle
By CayC

2003 Mitsubishi Outlander XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The only thing we'd change about the Mitsubishi Outback is the back seats should completely flatten. If they made this a hybrid version of it I'd by it in a minute.

We love the Pacific Blue color. You hardly ever see it on the road, everyone loves it. The height is excellent.

Flatten the back seats when they fold down.