2021 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV Consumer Reviews

$20,995

Save as much as $602
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Very Happy Customer!

Glenn Whitney, 01/31/2021
2.0 SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

This is a great little SUV that's very stylish and the ride is as smooth as any other SUV I've driven! I have the 2021 Outlander SE and everyone who has seen this brilliant red beauty loves the looks of it! I'm not sure why the so-called experts don't approve, but if you ask those who own one what they think the overwhelming majority will tell you that they are very pleased with the Outlander!

Underwhelming

Steve Barrett, 10/23/2021
2.0 LE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I rented this vehicle for a 10-day tour of the Southwest, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas. It came equipped with the 2.0L 148HP engine. This thing was very sluggish. It is always in ECO mode. The only way to turn off ECO mode is to step on the gas pedal, but the acceleration is still really bad. You need plenty of passing lane to safely pass another car. Android Auto is not very reliable. I found that after a couple hours of driving the Android Auto connection to my phone would be lost. The only way to re-connect seems to be to stop and re-start the car. My phone never drops the Android Auto in my 2019 Honda Accord, so it had to be Mitsubishi's software/hardware that was at fault. The screen display, which is normally east to see, becomes quite dim when in back-up mode. It is very difficult to use this screen to see what is behind you. It is way to dim. Oddly enough, it has cross-traffic monitoring with audible alarm, but there was no audible alarm to warn you when there was an obstacle behind you when backing up. The sun-visors would be much more helpful if they were extendable. I did love the blind-spot warning system, it did work well. Suspension is soft with some body roll. Not confidence inspiring. Would never buy one, would never even rent one, again.

It’s an ok suv

Michelle D, 11/13/2021
2.0 S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2021 outlander sport and frankly it wasn’t the car I wanted but it was the only one I was approved for. My favorite is the eclipse cross. This suv is a nice one but not a extraordinary one. I think the engine is noisy, the rides are somewhat smooth, but not much. I mean, it’s better than nothing but what upset me was that the base model, which was the only one available in my dealer, is lacking a few important features that the new 2022 has like lane departure warning, automatic windshield wipers, android auto and apple car, all wheel drive and others. It’s too plain for the price of $26,000. I hope to change it in the future for a better model.