Used 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlander Sport model:

Seriously Underrated
By palebeachbum

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.4 GT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our 2.4 GT new and have been very pleased with it for the last 3yrs and 28k miles. Absolutely no issues. The vehicle seems well-built. There are no squeaks or rattles. Pretty impressive considering the firm ride. The 2.4L 4cyl. is smooth, quiet, peppy, and reasonaly good on gas, averaging 30-31 MPG on every tank. The CVT is very smooth does a nice job making the best use of the engine power. The only complaint we have about drivability is if we're coasting around 5mph and step on the gas to go (even gently), there is a noticeable delay in throttle response, followed by very harsh jerky response. It's especially annoying in city driving. The ride is on the firm side. The trade off is handle is excellent. The steering is a bit too light and vague, but its ok. We both find the interior very comfortable. The seat comfort is a great blend of comfort and support. Ergonomics are quite good. At 5'7, I find egress a bit difficult. I think it's a combination of small door opening and prominant seat bolstering. Rear seats are ok for kids. No so great for adults. The rear door opening is narrow and the seatback is extremely upright. Cargo space is great for the compact exterior. I was able to haul a 30x50 desk, legs removed. The cargo liftover is high. We dislike that. The cargo floor is relatively flat with no hump where the trunk floor meets the folded seatback. All in all, this is so far proving to be a great compact SUV for a family of 2 who hauls stuff around often. At $21,900 for the top-line GT, it was an excellent value too.

Cool SUV
By E. Sanchez

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport 2.4 GT 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

A very reliable vehicle. Excellent on icy roads. 2.4 engine a better option than the 2.0.

My Outlander Sport
By Eric Dahlberg

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Good value for the money. Never had any issues with car. Always a pleasure to drive. Traded in though for Mitsubishi eclipse cross.

I like my Outlander Sport
By Tom Hawn

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I have been very happy with his car after putting good all season radial tires on it. the factory provided tires are very poor in snow

My best decision ever!
By Emily

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I’m a college commuter, and was looking for a crossover size vehicle since I like the extra room. I didn’t initally plan on looking at the Outlander Sport, but I am so glad that I did! My car drives 40 miles one way, 5 days a week, and I have not had a single problem with it. I live in the hilly region of western PA where we can see some harsh winter weather conditions, but this car (4WD) takes on snow and ice with no problem. I even recently took it on vacation, a 530 mile journey one way, and had no problems. The only drawback I would say about this car is the power. Like I said, I live in a hilly region and I have to step on the gas to keep the speed consistent. Also, power can be lacking while getting up to speed merging onto highways. These are just small drawbacks, however, considering the reliability and mileage that you get. The road handling is great, and it is an overall fun car to drive. Not to mention, in the event something does need fixing, you can’t beat the Mitsubishi warranty. Don’t underestimate this car, I am so glad I made the decision to go with it!