Used 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Outlander Sport for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Economical Choice!!!

happydriver82, 09/24/2012
ES 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Great overall car for your buck! Before purchasing I read reviews that the performance was on the slow side however its not ment to be a rocket. Realistically it is a 4cyl and still gets more then enough power to take off and if you need more you can use the manual mode to get that more reponsive take off and for passing. But thats how you are getting the most out of your gas tank. Even the standard features such as the bluetooth, paddles on steering for manual, USB are not normally in base models and Mitsubishi is giving it away! Over all great gas milage, smooth ride, roomy, which I wasnt expecting, and sporty exterior. Great Price!

Freshest crossover on the road

zx_knight, 12/31/2012
SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Power- Its lacking in this area in comparison to the others in its class but the CVT tranny really makes good use of the 148hp. It gets a little fun when using the paddle shifter (The paddle shifter sold me on the car). Only issue I have is that you cant tow anything, I dont know how that compars to the rest but its a forgivable issue. Suspension- This little truck could out handle alot of cars. Definitely shines above the rest, especially in 4wd mode :). Seating- Im 6"1 and have 2 children in car seats and we fit with little issue. Im a lil cramped in the leg department but I could still do long distance trip in it easy. I even talked my sister in to buying one. There fresh

I've put the miles on my 2012 Outlander Sport 4x4!

Carrie Hoeisng, 09/19/2015
SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 2012 Outlander Sport brand new and now, 3 years later, have 85,000 miles on it. Yes, I love to travel. I loved traveling in my Ford Expedition much better but this little Outlander Sport is much more affordable to drive! The front seats fit larger folks, no problem. With the front seats fully back the leg room in the back seats is a little tight. And this is a 4 passenger vehicle, not 5, unless it is 3 small kids in the back seat without car seats! The total weight limit of passengers and cargo is 875 lbs so keep that in mind if you are larger. I have taken this car into the mountains on snow and ice and it did well for a smaller vehicle. It has decent acceleration for a small car. On my longer road trips I get around 30 mpg. Short driving around town knocks that down to about 23. I have never used the paddle shifters, cruise control, remote start, or blue tooth (I have a dumb phone) but can tell you that the seat warmers are a godsend on cold mornings! At about 60,000 miles the car developed a squeal (at over 25 mph) that changing the s-belt did not cure. The noise has changed to more of a chirpy noise now. My Mitsu mechanic thinks it is the belt pulley. Guess this is a known problem with the 2011 model but they are not covering it under warranty for the 2012. That upsets me a bit as I feel that because I am a high mileage user I am being penalized. By the time this may come out as a recall issue I will already be out of miles on my 100,000 mile drive train warranty. I ended up trading this car in when it had about 100k miles on it. The intermittent squeal made me lose confidence in taking this vehicle on road trips. As a single middle aged woman I just can’t take a chance on being broke down on the road. The dealership wasn’t able to find the noise and it never was covered under warranty. I have gone back to a Ford product.

Best value compact SUV

zagno83, 10/29/2012
SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

We just picked up an SE model with a lot of accessories including leather, it is a 2012 model in pearl white. After a bout 2 weeks of testing cars and reading reviews, this is IMO the best value out there, i always liked MITSU. product and this car has a great design and a host of cool features for a very good price and fuel economy. Dont trust the so called "expert" reviews, they are too severe with it, but if u read the consumers reviews they are very good. When i first test drove the car it felt slow, sluggish and noisy, well it is a lil bit, however after a long second test drive i realize that it takes time to learn this CVT transmission. Overall best value out there!!!!

It looks better than it is

jacobmunden, 09/17/2013
SE 4dr SUV 4WD (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

Really, the title says it all. I got my fully optioned AWD outlander sport in 2012 and have put around 10,000 miles on it. As far as reliability, its been great, though you'd expect that from a brand new car. The driveability of the car is far from sporty. While it may be AWD with paddle shifters, it doesnt offer much fun to the driver. The gas mileage on it is absolutely average. I do have to say, it looks pretty good on the outside, especially with the rim package! If you're looking for a car with good gas mileage or a bit more performance, look elsewhere.