2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Mirage G4 model:

A Certified Bucket
By Lamar

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 ES 4dr Sedan (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

Maybe because the particular car I was given had sat in a warehouse for an undetermined amount of time, but I am not thrilled with this car in the least. It is LOUD, the engine, however good on gas mileage it is, makes noise - a lot. All the time. It feels like the car is going to explode when you accelerate. It has some pep to it once you've reached freeway speeds but don't attempt to perform any overtaking maneuvers or creep onto the freeway - this car cannot handle it. The engine is so loud that you have to drive around with the volume pretty high on your stereo just to drown it out. Speaking of the radio - it turns off without warning. Having the car for 7 months, I've figured out that it doesn't like being hot - you can't park it somewhere on a warm day or in direct sunlight and expect the radio to turn on when you return to your car. If you are out running errands - let's say you go to the gas station, then the grocery store, then pick up your kids, then go to a park...by the 3rd time you turn the ignition, the radio will not come on. It's dead for HOURS. I've done this several times and sat in traffic for up to 90 minutes with no radio. In addition to that, the gas gauge isn't accurate. I've filled the tank up on numerous occasions and watched 20-40 miles disappear on the digital display after driving less than ten miles total. I don't feel safe in this car, it's like driving a soda can. There are better cars available for the money.

My little Blueberry
By Val B.

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 ES 4dr Sedan (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I purchased this car because I passed on my 07 Endeavor to my teenager, and it was time for a gas saver. I fell in love with the Sapphire Blue, and the model already came with the smartphone display package installed. I do all of my travelling in this car. I wish it had an arm rest, but I can survive. It does get a little shaky in high winds, I just decrease my speed some. Acceleration isn't the best either. It is big enough for four people without being cramped in. The trunk is huge for the car. We had our first wintry mix and I decided to take the car instead of the Endeavor. It handled better than the SUV. The traction light never came on and it braked so easily. No spinning or sliding when I took off. I love my G4 even more!!

Love the Minibug!
By Peter F

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 ES 4dr Sedan (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I bought a 2017 Mirage G4 400 miles ago and am completely satisfied. The milage is unreal... coming from a Nissan truck... I filled up after 300 miles with $19.75 of gas.. and ran it all the way down to see what would happen.. the gas gauge (whole thing) flashes in its final gasps. I didn't run out of gas though.. and think I had a gallon left. Road noise a little loud.. drives like a very small car but still.. for my new commuter it's GREAT! Again, coming from a truck, it handles very nicely.. agile.. and I love the reliable BT connection and it DOES play my podcasts on Audio Blu-Ray disk format (or through phone). It remembers where I left off! Other cars do NOT. I average 38mpg. 38mpg x 9 gallons = 342 miles. More than my 21 gallon truck that's for sure! Roomy and spacious.. like the Tardis.. it just looks so SMALL from the outside. Trunk huge too. Super happy. Time will tell on reliability but I have a lifetime powertrain warranty. Bought it at 8000 miles.

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SE CVT
By Kev McKenzie

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE 4dr Sedan (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I purchased a 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE CVT in Wine Red on 2/13/17 and I love it. I traded my 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage ES CVT with Navigation and the updates are extensive. The interior on the 2017s has so many upgrades such as seat fabric material, interior piano trim, seat support, sound insulation, new gauge cluster, new steering wheel, new audio unit with apple car play and android auto, 4 more horsepower and a new roller cam shaft, new suspension updates, smoother idle, fender insulation, heated seats, auto dimming rear view mirror, wide angle rear view camera (G4), rear fold down arm rest with cup holders and even the way the shifter feels going into gear is much smoother. The updates are amazing in making this car feel more substantial.

I got the Light Gray interior which adds a level of class to the interior. I added a center console arm rest, color keyed bodyside moldings, side fender turn signals to go with side mirror turn signals, chrome exhaust tip, extra piano black trim around center console and air vents, chrome trim mind you all Mitsubishi Parts. I also added weather tech mats and got my windows tinted 20% and it looks so nice. The room inside the G4 is unreal, its huge and the trunk is cavernous!!! I also love the dark chrome alloy wheels and matching front grill. This paint color (Wine Red) is so unique and classy looking.

I had no issues with my 2015 and only traded for the upgrades and the deal I got on this 2017 Top Trim G4 SE. It was $18,115.00 and I got it for $12,714.00 at Renn Kirby Mitsubishi in Frederick MD. My sales guy was Tommy Moberly and he was awsome! He responded to all my text and email fast and even after hours. If you do stop in to Renn Kirby you need see him. We purchased 2 vehicles from him and could not be happier! We absolutely love our 2016 Outlander Sport GT and 2017 Mirage G4 SE!!!

While driving in town the ride is much more quiet and takes bumps with less of a thud and the idle is 50% smoother and quieter. The seats feel extra stuffed and the material is for sure much more premium feeling. The Apple Car Play alone is one of my favorite features and props to Mitsubishi for incorporating that!!!

Keep up the good work Mitsubishi because I am impressed with the updated 2017 model!!! I will not drive anything but a Mitsubishi and will only purchase it from Tommy Moverly at Renn Kirby!!! The Mirages truly are great little cars and my coworker has had hers almost 3 years now and she loves it as well. They are fun, reliable, have a uniqe 3 cylinder, get awsome mpg and are feature packed and the prices with rebates and sales are unbeatable.

Best bang for your buck!!
By Mikeyt1818

2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE 4dr Sedan (1.2L 3cyl CVT)

I am never one to listen to Consumer Reports. They have no clue! This car is amazing! I'm getting 38.2 MPG with mixed driving on the crowded South Florida roads. I am 6'2 and this car is quite roomy. Plenty of room in the backseat as well. Great technology like backup camera, bluetooth, automatic climate control. Very comfy seats. Wonderful warranty. Looks nice in the wine red color I selected. Decent sized trunk as well. I am so happy with my purchase. Feels much bigger than it is. And yes, perhaps the 1.2L, 78 hp, 3 cyl. is a tiny engine but the miles per gallon and amazing turning radius more than makes up for it. Great job Mitsubishi!