Used 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Mitsu. does not back their product!
By mcarm

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought in 07-Drawn in by the great new design I decided to give Mitsu a chance. They were rude from the start and never should have bought this car. Had problems with tires, window leaking, sunroof, the car pulls to the left, TERRIBLY CHEAP paint- hundreds of tiny paint chips. Brought the car in over 15 times in the 1.5 yrs I had it. I was always upset over the problems and no one cared. I spoke to everyone that worked at Mitsu and they were disrespectful and rude. I have never been treated so badly. I asked them to check out the paint and that was months ago and never heard back. No matter how good this car looks, do not get it. I hate the comp so much I took a hit and traded it in.

Looks, sun and sound- which I had problems with!

Use paint that is better than spray paint and don't make excuses for the car's flaws...FIX THEM!

I put down my ratte when I was 3
By zerokool

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I overall was excited at the purchase of this car. Based on the reviews previously I had read & thought wow this car will have everything I've been looking for. Afterthoughts of ownership - 1.5 yrs - car is lacking in quality at build. From day one I had asked the tech about engine noise above 2500 rpm. The cabin is always filled with noises of some kind. Recently, the rattles from the doors are killing me. I warn those who buy this vehicle that any car that gives you a rebate will come back to bite you in the end. When they give a 5k rebate, that means you're now 5k down in what you paid for it.

I like the style of the body & the curves/lines. The upgrade from the previous body style really helps to attract buyers who need that "Look at me" feeling.

I do not like to say this, but Mitsubishi has always been known for using less than average quality on materials. If they would focus on noise issues & a bit on ride comfort with the lumbar support or leg support in the seat, they would have a decent car. The 2.4 did help the power issue.

Hope you like spots!!!
By Lori Claar

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

My Lancer looks awesome with the body kit straight from the manufacturer and the exceptional look of the front end. But I live in central Pennsylvania and my car is not looking good after only three months of winter. I was told to purchase mud flaps to prevent chipping, and when I went to purchase the flaps after I bought the car, the dealership informed me they do not make them for the ES body type. Now not only is it chipping but there are 8inch strips of paint by the back doors that are gone. THIS IS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY BECAUSE IT WAS BROUGHT ON BY AN OUTSIDE SOURCE. Do you think it may have something to do with the paint or the way the car was designed????????

Performance and the sporty look of the car.

Spend more money on paint quality or make mud flaps to fit the body type.

There's much better
By Nick

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Many complain that gas mileage is "poor under hard acceleration, no HID lights, no leather option, etc." This is an economy car people!!!! Of course mileage is bad when you drive aggressively, HID's come on cars that are typically $25K+ (as well as leather). I will review this car for exactly what it is and against it's competitors. The build quality is horrible. Paint is very bad as well. Mileage is excellent, though. Interior materials rattle, interior noise can be deafening. It's not "exciting" to drive, nor is it fast. SUV's smoked me at on-ramps. It looks good though. For the same price, VW Rabbit, Mazda 3, etc are all better choices. I got rid of my Lancer after 5 months.

Exterior design (not quality).

Paint, build quality (fix the rattles!), insulation. The engine may be good (though very underpowered), but who wants a car when everything else on it rattles and falls apart??

Great Car For The Money
By hayesd2

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 08 new and have had it now for a little over a year. I have the "sun and fun" package along with the wing on the rear. The only real flaw I can think of is that the car should have had a 6th gear. Gas mileage would have been far better and the wear and tear on the engine would be reduced. I would buy it again