Used 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Great car, bad company
By s1n15ter1

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new for myself, drove the wheels off and enjoyed this car completely. It had a 10 year 100k mile warranty that was rather reassuring but when the motor blew, Mitsubishi refused to honor the warranty. I will never again purchase anything Mitsubishi and I advise all to heed this caveat.

Just all around fun to drive when it is still operational.

Would be a ton more enjoyable if there were more pepper under the hood.

Great, Fun to Drive & Reliable Ralliart
By bambamp3

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used, as I had a limited budget. The dealer was selling it below kbb value and the carfax was clean, so I wanted to see why. I test-drove it and didn't want to let it go. Everything was clean inside, and was in excellent working condition. The car is very strong, you won't even notice that you're doing 70-80 already unless you look at the speedometer. The shifter is sweet! Short throw and a perfect match to the engine. I also liked the exhaust note. The former owner of the car customized the sound system of the car, so that was an added bonus too. I am planning on keeping this car until it's at least 10 years old already. I am totally happy with this car!

Strong 4-cyl engine, very nice manual shifter, great exhaust note.

Need a 6th gear, would like to change the color from yellow to a shiny black or a hot red.

Buyer beware
By BURNTLANCER

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this lancer b/c of fuel economy and style, Mits is a good name (so I thought) & 6 year 60,000 bumper to bumper helped. 6 weeks ago on a normal day with the car only running maybe 5 min as I made a left turn the car just shuts off. Next thing I know the engine is on fire - fire department comes & puts the fire out. Car is still under warranty so I call Mits -- they deny claim with out even looking at the car. They do not stand behind their cars nor do they honor the warranty. I would not buy any car from this company.

gas consumption

honor warranties on cars

Fun lancer
By gevans

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

A really fun car to drive with the 5 speed shift. Clutch is light, brakes are great. 36k miles without a problem - normal maintenance only. Warning - Watch out for the hub caps. They scratch easily on curbs. Price tag - over $70 each. Dealer where purchased was great!

The 2008 are great looking. May be trading this one in.

Nice Car for First-time Buyers
By Bhaskar

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first brand new car I ever purchased and I absolutely love it. Even though Mitsubishi is not as popular as a Honda or a Toyota, it still knows how to build a nice car for economy drivers like me.

The good gas mileage and how it has had very few problems.

The car seems to shake a little bit when driving under windy conditions.