Used 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Consumer Reviews - 118 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

An OK alternative
By Drew

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Lancer used, with about 36,000 miles on it. It's been a solid performer so far, but it should be for the first 100,000 miles. Any car should. The car should have more horsepower. There's no reason it shouldn't be in the 160-170 HP range when the Rally version is well over 200. The gas mileage is disappointing, it too should be better. I've experience high 20s when traveling on the highway - it should be in the mid-30s at least. All in all, the Lancer is a half-way decent alternative if you cannot afford the Civic or a comparable Toyota or Nissan. My only other concern would be the automatic transmission. I hope it doesn't give out before it's paid for. Go with a stick if you can.

I like the seats. I'm above average size and they're comfortable enough.

It needs more horsepower! This should be easy for the engineers to accomplish. And, better gas mileage. Those two go hand in hand, when designed properly.

Good car!
By D.W. Stones

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Lancer's standard equipment is great not cheap and flimsy like in some of the domestic cars I've had. This car is fun to drive and can take the numerous potholes of the roads of PA with out jolting you around like a you're riding in a dryer on four wheels unlike my old Subaru. More than 120 horses would make it a little bit more exciting to drive.

Its style is a lot better than some of the newer models, it has good handling and gets good gas mileage.

It needs more power! Make the CD player a little bit less of an eye sore. t jumps out at you from the rest of the dashboard's layout. Also, the black and chrome grill should just be all chrome

Great Little Car
By Mars

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Mitsubishi Lancer since 2/2004 and it's great. My car now has a total of 57,000 miles and still runs like new. The standad features are better than any other compact car's. It has a quiet ride and a great OEM sound system. This car has not given a single problem since I purcahsed it. It gets great gas milage and has execellent performance for a 4-cyl. vehicle.

I loke how the style of this years model is like a Lancer EVO. It is great on gas.

A little more horse power would be nice.

Well....I guess I like it
By colembaw

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Lancer, but I think that it is a little average. The fuel economy is OK, the ride is OK, I don't want to come across as an unsatisfied customer, but I just haven't been blown away by the car. The interior is above average, I like the standard features, but overall I haven't been thrilled with the pick-up or the way that I have been followed up with by the dealership (none). Being a car salesman now, I look back on the experience I had and see how to not sell a customer a car.

Standard equipment, dashboard layout is cool, and I LOVE the woodgrain finish.

My check engine light has come on sporadically from 20,000 miles to now (30,000). No one can figure out why. Also, the rest of the car is plain, not much oomph in the engine and gas mileage is alright.

I love it!
By lancerchic

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved this car from the moment I test drove it. It is a lot of fun to drive, and I love the sporty look. I have taken this car on all kinds of long road trips, and it has never failed me. I like the feeling that I am driving a sporty car, but that I still have 4 doors and room to fit passengers and cargo, as opposed to a 2-door sports car that you can't fit anything in besides the driver. Highly recommended!

Gauges, styling, and fun to drive.

more hp, lower about 1", and slightly bigger rims.