Used 2004 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Love My Third Galant!
By Mrs. Robinson

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the third Mitsubishi Galant that I have purchased; the first was used, the second I leased and then purchased and the third I purchased. Each vehicle performed beautifully! The first was involved in a serious accident and was demolished but the driver (my mother) survived! The second I sold to a friend w/over $100,000 miles on it ~ she still has it! The third my husband purchased because he wanted me to have a vehicle with a good warranty, etc. The only complaint I have are the brakes. Each car needed new brakes at about 35,000 miles...but that's my ONLY complaint! If you're in the market for a great-looking car that's comfy, fun-to-drive & good on gas, check out the Galant GTS!!

The V-6 has good "get up & go", it's great on gas, the interior is very comfortable, roomy trunk, the driver's side visor has a mirror on it (for us ladies!), lots of fun to drive!

Improve the brakes!! Make satellite radio standard. Offer optional GPS system, power passenger side seat instead of manual.

I Love My car After Two Years
By Jennifer

2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Galant for two years and I still love driving it. It has torque and is comfy. I am considering getting another, but the GTS model with a leather interior instead. I recieve top notch service from the dealer as well.

Torque, torque, torque...

None, that I couldn't have upgraded for.

My G
By S L F

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 2 1/2 years and it still handles and rides great, and is as much fun to drive today as the day I got it. Its acceleration is great and it has lots of power. I love to hear the sound of the engine. It has great interior and trunk space. I enjoy the pass through into the trunk which makes it safe to slide my purse and packages into without being seen. An additional safety feature is the illuminated release inside the trunk, which really works. People still stare at it and ask "What kind of car is that?" I smile when I tell them is's a Galant. It's an excellent car! My son enjoys it as much as I do.

I like the sporty feel while my son's favorite feature is the sound and performance of the motor.

Automatic door locks, a remote start, and navigation system capability would be excellent additional features.

Poor Car
By ice1012001

2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my Mitsubishi Galant for less than one year and the O2 sensors and the catalytic converter went out.

It looks good.

Give it more horsepower, more speed, and better hanging.

Impressed
By Craig

2004 Mitsubishi Galant GTS V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We almost bought an '02 Altima SL before we saw the Galant. I am really glad that we didn't get the Altima. The Galant is so much better in so many ways. That and the dealership was better. I like what it comes with for the money. Although we purchased ours used, we don't get the 10 yr/100,000 mile warranty. Oh well, not really a big deal.

The whole car is nice! We don't mind that there isn't a navigation system on board. We use things that they call maps and 9 times out of 10 we know where we're going anyway. Get a Tom Tom if you want navigation.

It should have a 5-speed auto transmission instead of the 4-speed (a 6-speed manual would be nice too). Give it the MIVEC engine out of the '07 Eclipse and the AWD from the Endeavor!