Used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

Cheap, Reliable % Good looks
By Mitsubishi ES

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I got the car with 40k miles for about 7500 usd and so far i think this is the best car that i could have gotten for that price. It's been super reliable, I have not had any major repairs done to the car other than maintenance like brakes, fluids, etc. I would definitely buy another galant. My galant has 120K miles currently and it still works perfect. This is the perfect car for commuting. Nothing will beat it.

Cheap to obtain, reliable car, good looks.

More power; Fix the light for the A/C its really hard to see when its on.

Decent Car
By MJ

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I've been driving the Galant for about 4 years now. No major repairs, so I can't complain.

I love the 7 speakers! This car gets great gas mileage too. It's fairly dependable and affordable.

Cloth material on seats seems to be cheaply made. Glove box rattles after a few years when ever I break. It's a good "1st" car.

Love it!!
By joecool69

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I have had mine for 4 years and it truly is a wonderful car. I named him Jack because he's a jack-of-all-trades. Comfortable, I still get 24 mpg in city and 37-40 hwy, reliable and just a good car. It's amazing. Never any real problems. I even was hit by a drunk driver going 57-60 mph and was not hurt except for a minor concussion and that was only because my car hit a tree in the back and I went forward. Had it completely restored and am still driving it now. Amazing!

Steering control.

Motorized seat belts.

Fun car
By Britt

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I have loved this car!! I bought it a few years ago, and I have had minor problems. The biggest one was probably that the coil went bad, but ever since then it has just been tightening of belts and routine maintance. It takes a lot of abuse from me. I have to admit I'm one of those aggressive drivers. So I'm not the easiest on the car and it still does great. It has a lot of get up and go when you need it. I have put about 40,000 miles on it since I've had it and it runs great. The A/C could be a little colder.

I would have to say I really like the cup holders. They may look small, but they can hold pretty big cups. I've put a 44 oz in one, and it fits snug but it holds it very well. But overall the car is very well designed.

I would just say a little better gas mileage, but part of that is me. Another thing is just the A/C could be a little colder.

Runs Like A Top
By summer

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

109,000 miles and this car runs like a top. Other than oil changes and new tires (once), I've never had to do a thing to it, and I am not good about regular maintenance. The exterior is showing some wear - passenger side door handles are loose, body side trim came off in the car wash. If you are looking for a car that will start every single day and get you where you need to be all the time, this is the car. The resale value is bad but works to your advantage as the buyer. I'm looking for a newer one now. I've never owned anything as reliable as this car. Gas mileage is OK, accelerates quickly, ride is good.

Peppy 4 cyl., tremendous reliability, handles well in rain, snow and ice.

Better gas mileage.