Used 2000 Mitsubishi Galant Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Galant

View reviews for a specific Galant model:

EXCELLENT Vehicle
By Mary

2000 Mitsubishi Galant LS V6 4dr Sedan

My mom bought it in 2000, and gave it to me this year; has roughly 224,000 miles on it, never needed anything expensive done to it, just routine maintenance. The tranny and engine still run just as strong as when my mom first bought it. After getting this car, I will always buy a foreign made car, never American made again. On the interstate it goes nice and smooth and I can't even hear the engine even though the car is turned on. Excellent vehicle, I hope it runs for many more miles.

Body style, comfortable seating, I just like the fact you almost never have to fix a thing on this car. I am very happy my mom gave it to me.

Back seat could be a little bigger, I have three kids, all their car seats almost fit in there perfectly, just needs a little more room, but other than that, nothing else needs to change.

RUNS GREAT for a 9 year old car
By ls

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

I got the 2000 Galant in 2003 with 30,000 miles. Since then I now have a total of 153,000 and the car runs great. The only consistent maintenance I have done is oil changes, replace tires and brakes when needed. I recently replaced the alternator this past winter and did the timing belts at the recommended 75,000 miles. I am pushing to reach that 200,000 miles mark!!!

On par with Toyota and Honda
By SarahG

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been in my family for approximately 10 years now, and has given us no major problems. Acceleration is better than adequate, handling is excellent, and fuel mileage is good. It was my mother's to start, and then when it turned 8 years old, she gave it to my brother, who has a tendency to break things. He hasn't broken this yet, which is amazing. Neither my mother nor my brother have taken care of it as they should. I can't even remember the last time its been in for an oil change. My brother only had to replace the shifter cable @ 130,000 miles, and the radiator @ 135,000. Other than that, only regular maintenance, or lack thereof. I will only go foreign.

Design, acceleration, and reliability.

None to really speak of, the interior light had a habit of popping out, but that is pretty minor.

10 years and counting
By Irie

2000 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 1999. Fun, comfortable car to drive. I needed quick acceleration because of commuting on the beltway. Am not giving this car up, will be passing this car down to my children.

Acceleration, tight steering, cornering, braking system, safety features, stereo, trunk with opening into seating area for long items, comfy back seat.

Loud road noise, more secure closing glove box.

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES Cheap Parts
By Galant ES

2000 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4dr Sedan

This car only has 73,000 miles on it and it runs great but, the parts are way too cheap and the value goes down like a rock in water. I see one of these cars in every corner. They are very common. Exterior parts aren't glued too well. The interior parts are aren't either. Not lots of room in the back. I've seen lots of these cars with the exterior paint fading. To be honest I do not think this car is one of the safest out there. Besides all that, the transmission is great I've had no mechanical problems with it. Just the brakes. Ive painted it once already. This is like a Honda except it has cheap plastic parts.

Sunroof, and that's about it.

It needs better quality on the parts. Basically make this car better so the value does not drop so fast.