Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Explore other options
By Jeremy

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and recently my car was tied up at a dealership for 4.5 mo. for an input shaft bearing that failed, ruining my input shaft seal, clutch and burned my flywheel. NONE WAS COVERED UNDER THE 10yr/100,000mile powertrain warranty you are supposed to get with the vehicle! The interior is easily marked, scratched. Cheap materials on panels and dash. Gauges are accurate, suspension is ok, I've driven better, and worse for stock. Wheel well gap looks a little funny unless you lower the car or larger rims. I would advise looking at other options or be aware of possible bills with this car. hope this helps.

One Sleeper Of A Car
By randmanx

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the car used for 14k. I wouldn't pay the price for it new as it's a loaded gt v6, but it's a solid choice for the price. It's very quick and puts a grin on my face every time I mash the accelerator! I had a 98 gsx that was totaled by a deer in December and never thought another car could top that one. But I'm sold, the 06 gt is way nicer.

Dash at night, price to own, stereo, heated seats

AWD

So So of a car
By DrWankel

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the new gen GT with sun & sound pkg when it first came out and was enjoying it for awhile till just after 2 months the front brake rotors warped. Brought it in to the dealer and after threats I got the rotors warrantied. 2 months later again warped, replaced with aftermarket never again had a problem. The Radio? what's up with the display? my girl's saturn has a much better read out, I mean top of the line fact Rockford come on, bad design. NOT EVEN AN IPOD JACK (dealer offers an ipod setup for a cheap $230?!) For a car with its decent performance, the fact tires suck in every way I had to upgrade those too! Overall not impressed, I would never ever buy another.

Seats

Radio display! IPOD jack, fix the weak braking system and offer better tires for the GT

Pure Passion
By TB Hart

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The exterior style of this vehicle is a stopper, inch for inch, its sleek and impressive lines has on more than I care to count explicit compliments from ladies and strangers on the street. The performance of this machine is so fantastic. When one needs power, there is more than one could hope for in a smaller vehicle. I have an automatic and can burn rubber when I punch it at 25 miles per hour. One minor downside is its blind spot, but the mirrors are well designed to compensate. When one sits in this car and turns on the dynamic sound system, one feels as if one is truly "one" with the vehicle. I love driving on winding, country roads..this baby hugs the pavement.

Style and power, it is all in this car.

Tire Wear
By Misty P. Toole

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 6M)

I really love this car! I am on my second Eclipse-just love the RF music system, and the way you just want to drive this car constantly! The downside of the 2006 Eclipse GT is that the tires need to be replaced much too soon in comparison to other "Low Pro" enhanced vehicles.What ever happened to 36,000 miles for tire life expectancy? I have 11,000 miles on my car, and at $309 per tire? I hope that the new Chevy Camaro is out for my next purchase!