Used 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

VERY Impressed
By travisfieldcop

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Mitsubishi and my first sports coupe. I was attracted to the new Eclipse as soon as I saw it. It's incredibly fun to drive and turns many heads. I enjoy driving and watching people turn to look and admire the car. I have received several compliments on the exterior styling. All and all I am VERY pleased and excited to own this car. I selected the GS model because of the price and do not regret it at all. It's a blast to drive!

The exterior styling, handling.....and just about everything!

I have only owned the my Eclipse for two weeks and can't think of a single thing to complain about.

Stay Away from all Mitsubishi products
By Lauren Bell

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle completely lacks any sort of quality and Mitsubishi is not standing behind their product. The problems we have had with the vehicle include: 1. All four brake rotors warping by 9,000 miles, had to be resurfaced, now the brakes grind and squeak 2. The car has three rattles. We understand this doesn't affect the operation of the vehicle but it is disheartening to spend so much money and hate to drive your vehicle so much. 3. Paint chipping off and fading, all over the car. Mitsubishi says we got behind a rock truck, two body shops say the paint job is cheap and defective. 4. Two brake recalls, both of which could cause a crash. We were only notified by taking the car in for an oil change.

The looks.

Mitsubishi needs to just go out of business. They are well on their way building cars that completely lack any quality.

'06 Eclipse
By J

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The 2006 Eclipse is a beautiful car inside and out. For a 4-cyl. car it is suprisingly peppy and has quick acceleration. The sun and sound package is a necessity with the GS putting out an impressive 650 watts. I am very pleased with the car overall and feel that it will give the compitition a run for its money.

The subwoofer!

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse
By Karen O'Sullivan

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is AWESOME! It's great looking, handles great, has good safety features, has good fuel economy, has an incredible sound system, has great acceleration (surprising for a 4 cylinder!), nicely lighted guages, and is really really fun to drive! It is definitely a great car for the money. GO FOR IT!

The sun & sound package, nice design, and sharp interior.

None that I can think of yet. I've only had the car for about six weeks!

I Love It
By Kryto76

2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.8L 6cyl 5A)

The only thing I wish that Mitsubishi had done was let the fog lamps stay on if you pressed the button. Instead you have to turn them on all the time when you turn on the head lamps. Also, this car needs an MP3 jack for the iPod.

The overall design is freaking flawless.

Add an MP3 jack and fog lamp button.