Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Found my tuner
By godfather6385

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car has excellent acceleration for a 4 cylinder. The suspension is stiff but yet smooth. There is plenty of room in the trunk for many items. The back seat is a bit cramped, but there is plenty of room up front.

I really enjoy the child seat anchor points. It allows me to take my nieces and nephews for a ride. The 400 watt Infinity stereo has a beautiful sound quality.

The car needed to return the gst and gsx models. I really wish it had awd. The Infinity stereo should have come with a subwooofer.

Best Car Ever
By SamanthaJo

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Eclipse a year ago and I have loved every minute of owning it. It is a very reliable car and a lot of fun to drive. It drives and handles very well. I love the appearance, inside and out. I would not give this car up for any other car out there. The gas mileage is good for a sports car and I have had no problems with this car.

sleek look, moonroof

Good, solid car & looks and drives great
By TonyM

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just got the GTS, 5-speed about 2 months ago. A little late maybe. But it's what I could afford. I think this car is very solid and runs great. As long as you keep up on your oil changes, and put premium in it like the owners manual suggests. The first thing I noticed because I immediately drove it on the highway was it takes a while to find a comfortable adjustment on your seat in conjunction with using the clutch as well as sitting for prolonged periods of times. My back hurt for about a week in beginning to drive it. It's fast though, for sure. This car packs a punch! I haven't had it long enough to really even encounter mechanical problems... *knock on wood*.

Gas Mileage-I get 26/31! (no joke) And I've only had it two months. I'm sure I will get more in the future. Steering wheel controls are nice, looks, 6-CD changer, compass/outside temp, rear wiper.

Better turning radius, clutch is weird...maybe mine just needs to be adjusted.

Mitsubishi need to fix this car
By gseclipse03

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Owned the car for almost 6 yrs, this is my send eclipse had a 94, the quality in product has gone down and if it wasn't paid off I would sell it cause with 70k miles it parts are breaking that shouldn't. I wouldn't buy another Mitsubishi

Styling, great on gas

1. Move the Cup holders 2. Make a better Dash ( mine has 6 cracks and its garaged and always has sun shield) 3. Better Paint

Impressive, but not a fan at 1st
By Fraws

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I never cared for this body style at 1st, but since I had credit problems in the past I wasn't able to get into a newer Eclipse. I have owned this car since Feb 29th 2008 and let it be known that this car is pretty sweet. The drive is nice, power for a 4 cylinder is tight. It's no 6, but gas prices these days makes this a more a advantage. I love to mod cars and the aftermarket has plenty to go with this car. Eat your heart out boy and girls this car is for REAL.

Style, after owning it its been nice to stare at. Interior looks good, as a driver the seat feels like its securing you in. small, compact, nice ride, gas tank is large

backseat does not exist, some angles of viewing are less enjoyable at 1st, trunk storage is limited as with any compact 2-door,