Used 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 195 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Sporty
By Len Muller

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Not for 5

Great car
By Shane

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best model they made what do you expect. Its governed at 147. Anyone that says they had theyre 4cyl to 150 either doesnt have a gov or is lieing. But the car is fast. 0 to 60 in about 6 sec. Very nice and fun to drive got the car at 70k

Road Hunter...
By Mike Z. Marco

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had a 2003 GT...manual......leather...hunted some bad ass cars on the road with my Mitsubishi 2003...If Mitsubishi makes the exact same car, I would buy it always...

Best Car Under 5k
By peelout

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS 2dr Hatchback (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

You can get these cars for very cheap. They are extremely nice. I got mine for 3,000 from a friend of the family, it could've of easily been sold for 5,000 however. (It's really good condition) Mine has 137,000 miles on it. It's fast, I've gotten it up to 150. It's good on gas. (Unless you shift at 5k RPM like me when im trying to impress my friends -- i can watch the gas gauge go down) 18-25mpg. Please put premium in this car, yes it matters. Look it up. When you're not hot rodding this car, it still turns heads. Very nice looking. If you're worried about your kid hot rodding it like me, get them the 4cyl. This car is great. Do your kid a favor, don't get him a grandma car. get an eclipse.

The leather interior is an amazing feature, the car is very sexy. Some people say that the back seats are not roomy at all, I dont find this to be true, the convertible is supposed to have even less back room, but it's spacious enough. Anyone who says it doesnt have alot of space is probably used to an SUV or something. I'm 5'11 - I keep my seat close to the wheel. Speaking of the leather interior - It is so comfortable. Probably some of the most comfortable seats i've been in. The wheel is also very nice you wont want to put a cover on it. Mitsubishi Makes great engines. Mine has 137k on it, and theres nothing wrong. Even though your 6" from the ground, you wont feel the road. Suspension A+

The alarm doesn't turn off if you start your car. I guess you're supposed to unlock the driver side door with the key, but i'm not very bright, so i didn't try it. Instead i took out my horn fuse and drove down the street with my lights flashing, hahaha. If you're reading this, just remember --unlock the door with the key-- This isn't much of an issue, but it still makes me mad every time : The clutch is just a tad close to the brake. It's only happened to me a couple times, but ill put my foot on the clutch and hit the brake on the way down. I'm sure the issue is with me however.

Beautiful car and fun to drive
By vkmicro

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Well let me start off with comparing it to different cars I drove and took for a test drive.
Before eclipse I used to drive 4 door sedans, and comparing to the sedans, Mitsubishi eclipse has much more maneuverability on the roads both on high speeds and around the city. Comparing to the Grand Prix 1997 which I used to have, it's slightly worse on the snow because it's a lot lighter weight, so have to drive with more caution.
I have a GS edition with automatic transmission and it's awesome, it's really fast and like I mentioned before very agile on the road. Overall I give the car 9/10, wish it was slightly better designed inside (EX: Better cup holders) but it's fun and looks amazing.

Well built, doesn't break, fast and agile, very steady on the road.

Better cup holder position.