Used 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse

View reviews for a specific Eclipse model:

Runs Strong 250,000 Plus Miles
By jfooks

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car for $2000 about 5 months back with 240,000 miles on it and have put well over 15,000 and have not done anything to it. Before i bought this car I had a 93 eclipse with well over 220,000 miles and the only thing i had to do to it was replace the alternator. All in all these cars are worth the money.

Sure do Like my 2000 GT Eclipse!
By imgtgim

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought my 2000 GT Eclipse new in May 2000, and this is the first / only one I've ever bought new. Still own it now in late 2010, and still love it! I've never had any repair work, except typical maintenance to replace brakes, belts, tires, etc. Still runs great! When my wife tells me to "wind-it-up baby!" the engine purrs and the (original) muffler still has a deep-throat throttle sound. It really is nice to drive anywhere, in-town or on the road, and I really like the pseudo shift from automatic to "manual" for winter driving (i.e., when bumper-to-bumper" on snow & ice. I'd think about trading-in for new but what's the point? If it ain't broke, don;t fix it!

Styling & speed.

Relocate / move inside mirror, as its placement creates a blind-spot for cars approaching from the right when stopped at an intersection.

Going strong
By shep

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this in 2003 with 28k miles. Always get regular service done on this car and I now have 104k miles on it. The car has held up well and it still looks great compared to others on the road. I plan to keep it going as long as I can unless something major turns up. It's been reliable and is still fun to drive.

Handling around corners

More soundproofing, it's a bit loud when on the highway

2000 GT - 146,000 miles
By Michelle

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in 2002 with 35,000 on it. It has been a really good car. Just breaks and tires. The fuel pump did go out in 2009 and so did a bearing for my wheel. My hatch does stick, need 2 hands to open, plus the sunroof needs a hand popping open, that was like that when I bought it. I drive on the expressway to work back and forth 60 miles a day. Not too bad in the snow for being a sports car, but looking into getting a SUV for next winter. All and all got real lucky with this car, no major problems!

Leather and the 6 disc in dash

I have loved this car (mostly)
By jetchik

2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car brand new almost 10 years ago! Mileage is 94,498. It's been good to me even though I have not always been so good to it. Have had no mechanical issues,except leak and battery. Performed all scheduled mx over the years. Had an oil pan leak last year--changed the gasket and good-to-go now. Have driven it USA cross country numerous times, and all over Europe as well. I have lived in many climates, cold, wet, hot, dry. 3500ft and it has been awesome in all. Heat and A/C work like champs! A/C cools immediately in 115+ temps! It has even been in storage for 1 yr while in Korea and sat outside for my numerous 4-6 month desert deployments. Hence the low miles/many long trips.

Style, comfort, price, has held up very well for exterior and interior. A/C is awesome. Carries a lot of junk for long-cross country traveling. Plenty of leg room for the front--but not meant for passengers.

Trunk latch sticks (since year 2), moon roof needs a little push to pop up (since year 6). Stereo speakers stink (1st speaker went out year 4, now they all sound junky, just haven't replaced yet). Needs better MPG.