Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used Eclipse for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

Non-turbos are still nice

AnthrAxNSB, 05/13/2003
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 2dr Hatchback

I bought a 1993 Mistubishi Eclipse GS with 138000 miles on it in September of 2000. Now at first, the mileage seemed high, but after doing some research i came to the conclusion that most of these cars had high miles because young, prolific drivers were owning them. In the three years i've owned the car, the only problems i've had (keep in mind this is an eleven year old car) were the slave cylinder of the clutch assembly began leaking, and the bearings in the auto tensioner pulley were bad. a grand total of $120 in mitsu parts over a three year period, on an eleven year old car. That's reliablility.

4.88 out of 5 stars

My trusty Eclipse GS

oldschool1983, 05/19/2012
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 2dr Hatchback

It has been 19 years since I bought my bright white GS and it has been one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned. That is saying a lot. I am not overly hard on my cars, maintain them as needed. The build quality of this car was evident from the day I bought it. Very easy to drive and maintain. Cruises at 70mph just below 2000RPM all day. Even at 215,000 miles, it is a great car to drive everyday. All original engine and transmission components still working fine. Home run car.

5 out of 5 stars

rylie, 09/21/2002
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 2dr Hatchback

this car is a good car, it has now 263,000 miles on it and i love it, it hasnt given me any problems.i love to get another mitsubishi car in the future i havent decided which model yet.maybe another eclipse GS.

3.88 out of 5 stars

A great sports car

Diogo, 06/10/2005
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2dr Hatchback

I got this car back in 2002 with 128,000 miles or so. When I got it the car had had so much abuse that I wondered if I had made a good choice. Nevertheless I had some work done on it (the timing belt at 140,000 miles was crucial as I was told it was never changed before) and the car is doing great. A few more things need some work (like the front axle needing replacement) but I still get 30 mpg on the highway and about 25 in town.

5 out of 5 stars

1993 Eclipse

Amanda Faylen, 11/07/2005
1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 2.0 2dr Hatchback

I got my Eclipse as my first car, and it has never died on me. I had a lot of work done to it when I first got it, but now she runs, and accelerates when I need it to. It seems to be impervious to tickets.